Toronto Gläs Condos | ?m | 16s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

June 19 2008

2592540499_49d36beef0_b.jpg
I hate those long balconies, they did the same thing on Zed, and they just look ghetto when everyone fills them up with their crap.

I love seeing that... it adds to the "urban living" feeling. :) You see the same thing in Europe, all the balconies filled up with stuff. Everyone personalizes their balcony. It's... quaint. :D

I walked by here today, but since it was pouring with rain, camera didn't want to be destroyed....

You missed the money shot: the black brick looks brilliant here!

I agree: balconies with stuff on them look "inhabited;" with nothing on them, very suburban: Yuck.

But Uncle Charlie will eventually block your suburban sensibilities....

are there any new construction photos for Glas? I did quite a bit of work on the project and it's really cool to see it actually taking shape - unfortunately I don't live in TO any more so I can't swing by the site :( Thanks to all those that have posted photos so far!

22 August 2008 photo update

Hey, I wonder if SDM will be facaded for a condo in the future? Basically, any building along King West should be entitled to the "greed factor"--aka, going for 40-50 floors.

DSC00370.jpg

Glas is almost all installed, take a close look at the nice black brick.

The back looks espcially great right now from spadina...there are some nice openings in the brick facing west.

I am not particularly fond of this project being 'wedged in' ... specifically with the fact Hudson and (future) Charlie towers are immediate to the south looking right into these south facing balconies on GLAS

I woke up this morning and right out my window was a piece of crane suspended right next to my window! I nearly pissed myself.

Ugh.. I've seen all the condos in this area, and I'm surprised to hear comments like "I love the look."

I'm an artist, and personally I find modernism shouts efficiency, practicality and with that comes..... ZERO character. This isn't europe, and seeing laundry or a BBQ on your ultra modern looking balcony will simply look like clutter.

After visiting the condos in that area, including that one, I left with nothing more than "cheap" on my mind. The cost for these condos were a bargain compared to the surrounding condos being built, but who wants a great deal on something that screams "i'm cheap". The presentation centre, if you can call it that is pathetic.

I'm amazed you guys find this building at all interesting. It is as dull as condos IMO... not to mention charlie beside it will leave the south side in the dark, all the time.

I feel like those developers are trying to make a quick buck and run.

Back