88 Scott St. (Concert Properties) - Real Estate -

I was maybe interested in purchasing a unit here but there hasn't been any for sale only for rent. Is there a selling restriction in this building currently?

I was maybe interested in purchasing a unit here but there hasn't been any for sale only for rent. Is there a selling restriction in this building currently?

You can only buy via assignment right now. Resales start after building has registered and buyers have closed...October maybe?

I've seen quite a few pics on the internet. This is an awesome building inside. The units are well done and the common areas as well. Wish I bought here.

No, there arent any for sale as we are still in the occupancy stage. Beware, this building has had many floods. Most recent being yesterday, where they have had to shut down all the 6th floor amenities.

No, there arent any for sale as we are still in the occupancy stage. Beware, this building has had many floods. Most recent being yesterday, where they have had to shut down all the 6th floor amenities.

How many so far? Sadly floods are pretty normal. Every building I have bought has had multiple floods. Some minor others catastrophic (elevators down for weeks)

O
How many so far? Sadly floods are pretty normal. Every building I have bought has had multiple floods. Some minor others catastrophic (elevators down for weeks)
I lived here for 1 week back in November, when a massive flood destroyed all elevators (were still having issues with the elevators). At that time, everyone who have moved is had to move out of the building. I didn’t move back in until the end of January. Since then, I’m aware that we have had 3 floods. One destroyed the movie room. The other two floods (at the same location) started in the 6th floor washroom- potentially from the downpours we had.

I love the building, amenities and area. However, I’m not too impressed with all these floods and the way Concert has handled these situations.

O

I lived here for 1 week back in November, when a massive flood destroyed all elevators (were still having issues with the elevators). At that time, everyone who have moved is had to move out of the building. I didn’t move back in until the end of January. Since then, I’m aware that we have had 3 floods. One destroyed the movie room. The other two floods (at the same location) started in the 6th floor washroom- potentially from the downpours we had.

I love the building, amenities and area. However, I’m not too impressed with all these floods and the way Concert has handled these situations.

Maybe there's an issue with the piping. Not saying its' the case with concert but some builders cheap out on that stuff. You'll see some buildings getting the pipes replaced down the road. My building had to this and I know of plenty others who have had to. These are newer buildings too.

One building in particular I know I've seen the lobby flooded at least 5 times.

Maybe there's an issue with the piping. Not saying its' the case with concert but some builders cheap out on that stuff. You'll see some buildings getting the pipes replaced down the road. My building had to this and I know of plenty others who have had to. These are newer buildings too.

One building in particular I know I've seen the lobby flooded at least 5 times.
this makes me want to buy ten york instead

O

By my count, there's only been 1 massive flood (last year). The second, much smaller, flood was was last month, where they had to shut down the amenities, but no occupants' units were affected. And the most recent one was more a leak. They shut down the amenities as a safety precaution.

As for how Concert has handled this, they've been very communicative, and quick about things.

The only problem currently with this building is First Service Residential once things settle and the board can appoint a new management company smooth sailing ahead.

The only problem currently with this building is First Service Residential once things settle and the board can appoint a new management company smooth sailing ahead.
There are a lot more things wrong with this building then FSM. Contrary, I find them friendly and easy to deal with. I do take issue with the constant floods, elevators constantly broken (a result of a massive flood back in November), and the lack of communication skills with owners. Hot water being out for over 12hours and no communication about it. Unacceptable.

88 Scott Owner here.

By my count, there's only been 1 massive flood (last year). The second, much smaller, flood was was last month, where they had to shut down the amenities, but no occupants' units were affected. And the most recent one was more a leak. They shut down the amenities as a safety precaution.

As for how Concert has handled this, they've been very communicative, and quick about things.
Have you seen pictures of the gyym? I have pictures...and i can guarantee you that that was no leak on the 6th floor this week. That was a flood.

Back