88 Scott St. (Concert Properties) - Real Estate -

@Downtowner88 unfortunately, I am living through this now.

On November 9th at approximately 5:40 PM a large pipe burst on the 5th floor. Damage is extensive and all elevators are nonoperational. The building is currently unoccupied until elevator and life support systems are restored. My unit on the 4th was severely damaged and I won’t be returning anytime soon.

The good news is that Concert has been incredible throughout the ordeal. I cannot imagine another developer handling the situation better than they are. A lot of amazing people work at Concert and I’m grateful for their support.

Concert is excellent with these types of situations. When I moved into a mid-floor in Berczy, there was a flood that caused the ground floor gym to temporarily close and they gave everyone gym memberships to the Extreme Fitness on Esplanade. This happened a month or two after occupancy started.

Where are people living if they have to evacuate? I imagine the developer has insurance to cover this, and hopefully enough to cover lodgings for all the folks affected.

And what's happened to PDI's and the schedule for future move-ins? I haven't seen work across the street for quite a while, perhaps the trucks and contractors are entering through the back entrance on Colborne.

What could have happened that is taking so long, water in the elevator system? But if that's the case, what would happen if this same problem occurred when fully occupied in any building?

And what's happened to PDI's and the schedule for future move-ins? I haven't seen work across the street for quite a while, perhaps the trucks and contractors are entering through the back entrance on Colborne.

What could have happened that is taking so long, water in the elevator system? But if that's the case, what would happen if this same problem occurred when fully occupied in any building?

Floods are becoming an epidemic in all of these new high-rise builds. From what I have heard, banks won't even approve mortgages in buildings like the Shangri-La for this very reason.

My own building suffered TWO floods from the bursting of pipes last year. In both cases, the elevators were ruined. People had to take the stairs for days. There were huge issues with the potential for first responders not being able to reach people with emergency health issues in their units. Thankfully we never saw that scenario materialize, but the whole thing was a disaster.

All PDI’s and many future move-ins have been postponed. The building remains completely unoccupied. The flood was severe and disabled all tower elevators and some of the life support safety systems. Work on the tower is definitely in full force as construction crews leverage the external construction hoist. Unfortunately, the podium is not accessible via the hoist but Concert has managed to get supplies to and from the area. They have been a good partner throughout the process.

And then today the L Tower has ANOTHER in a series of floods since its inception. Elevators out, maybe for a couple of days. A long way to walk if you live on the 65th floor. This flood issue is crazy.

It's like the "Vancouver Leaky Condo" crisis all over again. I think we'll see more and more of this as some of these cheaply built projects start to deteriorate. If they are this bad out of the gate, I can't imagine how bad it will be in 10-20 years.

Had the PDI of my 1 Plus den unit done yesterday. Everything looked good, occupancy set for 19th of Jan.
Am planning to rent it out...if anyone is interested can message me for details. Its on the 17th floor and locker is included.

Had the PDI of my 1 Plus den unit done yesterday. Everything looked good, occupancy set for 19th of Jan.
Am planning to rent it out...if anyone is interested can message me for details. Its on the 17th floor and locker is included.

Sounds like they finished up the repairs way ahead of the est. Jan 31 timeline. All good news. Thanks for the update.

@TheKingEast Concert has been great. Really a good group of people there. Even after all this, I can still stay they live up to their slogan of being a “developer with a difference”.

We have been out for over two months now. I’m guessing 3 or so by the time everything is said and done.

Back