News   Jul 29, 2024
 231     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Yet another streetcar accident

i was on the 509 or 510 (i forget which) last friday. a van tried to do an u-turn in the middle of the road. the streetcar honked.

i'm sure it's not easy to stop a big steel contraption like a streetcar, and i know it sounds odd, but it seemed to me that the streetcar driver didn't make much of an attempt to stop. i could very well be mistaken, but it seemed like a game of chicken.

in the end, the streetcar clipped the corner of the van, which i think was backing up (that is, off the row). everybody on the streetcar was ushered out. i believe the line was back up running in an hour or so.

This one is definitely not the streetcar drivers fault. How can you even consider crossing the closed streetcar lands on Spadina without looking first?

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/447581

Woman hit by streetcar

Jun 23, 2008 12:01 PM
Precious Yutangco
STAFF REPORTER

A woman was seriously injured this morning when she was hit by a TTC streetcar.

The female pedestrian was stuck under the streetcar after the accident, which occurred on Spadina Ave. near Harbord St. at about 10 a.m.

EMS officials said the victim was transferred to St. Michael’s Hospital with serious head injuries.

Toronto Transit Commission spokesperson Danny Nicholson said it appeared that the woman was jaywalking when she was hit.

Back