X - The Condominium (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

I went for my PDI yesterday and it was a great experience. A few interesting notes:
- They are aiming to be registered by December 2010 so they can enter for building of the year, worse case, Jan. 2011
- All amenities will be ready by November (except the pool of course)
- They still have decorating work to do for the lobby, in the next few weeks they will be installing huge chandeliers and final touches (art, plants) to warm the lobby up
- If you have a parking spot and a locker they will be close to each other
- Missing cladding pieces will be installed when they do their first window cleaning
- Each unit goes through an extensive cleaning and paint touch up before move-in
- Balcony undersides will get a second coating in the spring
- The putting green will be properly fenced off and can only be accessed with a fob key
- I was told the lobby cost over $2 million...... They did not cut any corners there!

Posted are pictures from my PDI. I also posted general pictures in the construction thread. Enjoy!

Fantastic pics and your unit looks awesome. Kinda regretting not getting the island table. Is your hardwood grey or brown?

I'm surprised the building is registering so fast. Don't they have to have the whole building occupied before they register?

Your up next anXeli. ;)

Thanks Jaybee and Tissot! I was very impressed with my unit. The unit was so clean and already had the PDI stickers posted where there needs to be updates. It was very smooth and I did not find anything he did not already mark. Plus he told me they do a major cleaning before I move in to make sure everything is perfect. The building is really impressive and I am so happy I went with a GG building.

The hardwood is the grey, but the pictures made it look like the brown. And I think you need 75% occupied to register, but not 100%. I do know they are really being agressive to have registered for December, which means I will only pay max 2 months of the occupany rent which is great news. I am sure having 2010 building of the year will help them with 1 Bloor and Charlie sales.

Thanks Jaybee and Tissot! I was very impressed with my unit. The unit was so clean and already had the PDI stickers posted where there needs to be updates. It was very smooth and I did not find anything he did not already mark. Plus he told me they do a major cleaning before I move in to make sure everything is perfect. The building is really impressive and I am so happy I went with a GG building.

The hardwood is the grey, but the pictures made it look like the brown. And I think you need 75% occupied to register, but not 100%. I do know they are really being agressive to have registered for December, which means I will only pay max 2 months of the occupany rent which is great news. I am sure having 2010 building of the year will help them with 1 Bloor and Charlie sales.

One last question :p Is your countertop standard or did you upgrade to the whiter one?

Thanks WeirdFishes for sharing your pics. I really like your Gropius unit! Just some questions:

1. Around how much does GG charges to upgrade the bedroom to hardwood floors?
2. What is the material of the slide in dining table. Is it made of wood or is it Corian or is it ColorCore2 Laminate by Formica? Can't really tell from the pics
3. Is the microwave coming soon?
4. Did you end up getting glass sliders for the bedroom?

Thanks again!

Thanks WeirdFishes for sharing your pics. I really like your Gropius unit! Just some questions:

1. Around how much does GG charges to upgrade the bedroom to hardwood floors?
2. What is the material of the slide in dining table. Is it made of wood or is it Corian or is it ColorCore2 Laminate by Formica? Can't really tell from the pics
3. Is the microwave coming soon?
4. Did you end up getting glass sliders for the bedroom?

Thanks again!

Hey! Nice to hear from you. My answers:
1. $1,200 I believe
2. wood, I think oak
3. They add in the microwave just before move-in
4. Nope, I figured my money would go further in the kitchen and I realized some people would not like the glass for privacy when I resale it. Plus, they will be open most of the time anyway since it's a 1 bedroom.

I was really happy with the smooth ceilings. Makes a huge difference for the 9' ceilings. Also, I did not include, but the bathroom has a HUGE vanity cubert above the toliet. Only for 18+ floors.

Thanks WeirdFishes for the answers. I think your unit looks great. Too bad the quality of finishes isn't the same for the lower floors. I wonder why the finishes are of lower quality in the lower floors? In terms of the $1200 for the hardwood upgrade, is that based on square footage or is it just a straight $1200 flat fee for the bedroom? How much were the puck lighting upgrade? Can you post pic of your medicine cabinet above the toilet. Thanks.

I wouldn't say the quality of finnishes is poor in the lower floors. Most of the lower floors are being rented out, so it doesn't make sense for the landlord of those units to invest in upgrades. I think for standard finnishes, the quality is rather impressive.

Weird, your unit looks great - especially love the white cabinets and the backsplash in your kitchen!

I am renting and find that the unit works rather perfectly. The island is pretty un-useable, as you can see. If I purchased a unit at X, I would look into upgrading the island to have the extended dining table feature that Weird has, which would open up space. The cabinets, backsplash and the counter top are great for standard features.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

Thanks WeirdFishes for the answers. I think your unit looks great. Too bad the quality of finishes isn't the same for the lower floors. I wonder why the finishes are of lower quality in the lower floors? In terms of the $1200 for the hardwood upgrade, is that based on square footage or is it just a straight $1200 flat fee for the bedroom? How much were the puck lighting upgrade? Can you post pic of your medicine cabinet above the toilet. Thanks.

Hey Schnoober,

The extra finishes has more to do with the 9' ceilings on floors over 18. The extra foot allowed GG to include the extra cabnet level and the medicine cabinet. The standard finishes were pretty good. The wood in the BR is based on sq. ft. The puck lighting was included on the upper level, lower level was $500 I think.

Pictures of the bathroom cabnet are still on my cam. It's about a 14-16" wide by 36-46" high. Wood is the same as the sink.

Omg Weird :), your kitchen is so cute! The insert looks small though, is it good for 4 people ? The light fixtures over the island are horrendous, I can't wait to change mine.
My cupboards are gray and frosted glass on the lower row. Sooo excited :) ....

I absolutely love your unit! I especially like all the cabinetry in your kitchen. I purchased a unit at Boutique and the interior designer for this project was the same as X (Cecconi Simone), and so we have a lot of similar finishes. I also have a similar island extension which I'm really happy I opted for. The only downside with the extension is that it's pretty slim.. so it's not large enough to comfortably seat 4 people.

I think the pendant lights above the kitchen island looks fine. I like them. I personally wouldn't change them at all. But the bathroom pendant yes that's kind of an eye sore for me personally and doesn't look like it gives that much light. And I also wouldn't have gotten the upgrade on the glass enclosure in the bathroom. I would worry too much about getting water on the floor especially with the hand held shower head, plus I need my privacy when showering :)

Back