X - The Condominium (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

3 hour appointment?

I had my decor centre appointment couple of days back and was not rushed at all. Spent about 3 hours and $20K. Did anyone take shower stall instead of bathroom? It cost me over $3,600 without any upgrades. The price list posted here said around $2800. I found difficult to believe that price has changed so quick by so much. Anyone.....with any insights?

Thanks for sharing the information... Can you tell on which floor is your unit? Did you have your appointment on a weekday?.. I'm thinking that maybe they are a bit rushed during the weekend.

Thanks for sharing the information... Can you tell on which floor is your unit? Did you have your appointment on a weekday?.. I'm thinking that maybe they are a bit rushed during the weekend.

I am on 33rd and had the appointment on Wednesday for precisely the same reason - to get more time, which I did.

My apt. was on a Sat. afternoon and I was not rushed at all. Was a great experience and I am 200% satisfied. You control the meeting as it is YOUR unit and your upgrades. If you feel rushed, push back. I think this is funny so many people are so worried they will have to point and pick with their eyes closed and cheque book opened. Just take control.

Assign Before/After Registration?

He can assign it. I'd wait till the place registered though. I think this will be a highly sought after building once all is said and done.

Hey Jay,

Can I ask why it is beneficial to wait until the place is registered prior to assigning it? I would have thought that assigning the unit prior to registering would save all the closing costs.

Any thoughts?

Oh, and if my current contract does NOT have an assignment clause, how would one go about assigning the rights to the condo unit prior to closing?

Thanks!

I heard from an agent new condo buildings will NOW need to pay for the new combined tax of 15%. So what this means is owners at X will have an extra 15%? Is this true? I do not know much about this new tax rule so if anyone can shad some light would be great. I just am trying to figure out what my closing costs will be.

I heard from an agent new condo buildings will NOW need to pay for the new combined tax of 15%. So what this means is owners at X will have an extra 15%? Is this true? I do not know much about this new tax rule so if anyone can shad some light would be great. I just am trying to figure out what my closing costs will be.

the combined HST would only be 13%, not 15%.

details about the new combined tax are still sketchy ....
AFAIK, anything <$400K will be exempt;
$400-500K will be graduated just like our income tax system;
$500K+ will be subjected to full 13%.

the HST doesn't come into effect until July 1, 2010; however, i do not know how that will impact if they bought before then but take actual possession after the date.

Hey Jay,

Can I ask why it is beneficial to wait until the place is registered prior to assigning it? I would have thought that assigning the unit prior to registering would save all the closing costs.

Any thoughts?

Oh, and if my current contract does NOT have an assignment clause, how would one go about assigning the rights to the condo unit prior to closing?

Thanks!
Only because I think X will go up in value by quite a bit. Everyone seems to love this building and it's on a pretty popular corner. Yes, you may save a bit of money by assigning it, but keep in mind, condos usually go up a good amount once they register. I'm sure you'll make a nice profit either way.

... but keep in mind, condos usually go up a good amount once they register. ....

hey JayBee ... do you have anything to back that up?
i was under the impression most condos have gone up recently because all boats rise with the tides.

if we weren't in a rising RE market like the past 12 years, i wonder what would be the situation ...maybe one of our realtor members have more info on that ?!??!

With regards to upgrades, -does anyone know whether we can have it so the builder doesnt install the kitchen backsplash?

I'd rather pick my own and install myself. Just seems stupid to have to remove the standard tiles if I know that Im going to change them once I move in.

hey JayBee ... do you have anything to back that up?
i was under the impression most condos have gone up recently because all boats rise with the tides.

if we weren't in a rising RE market like the past 12 years, i wonder what would be the situation ...maybe one of our realtor members have more info on that ?!??!

I only say this based on what I've seen in the market over the last several years. If the market takes a huge downturn then the prices will drop. I don't see that happening by the time this building closes though...which should be probably a year or so from now.

Kitchen backsplash

With regards to upgrades, -does anyone know whether we can have it so the builder doesnt install the kitchen backsplash?

I'd rather pick my own and install myself. Just seems stupid to have to remove the standard tiles if I know that Im going to change them once I move in.

I had my design centre appointment over a month ago and I too wasn't too thrilled with the kitchen backspashes they were offering. I would like mine to be unique and match the style that I am trying to create in my place. While they would not give me a credit for installing my own, they had no problem leaving it drywall. You just need to make sure they make note of this. I think it will be fun going to a tile store and checking out the thousands of different possibilites...

I had my design centre appointment over a month ago and I too wasn't too thrilled with the kitchen backspashes they were offering. I would like mine to be unique and match the style that I am trying to create in my place. While they would not give me a credit for installing my own, they had no problem leaving it drywall. You just need to make sure they make note of this. I think it will be fun going to a tile store and checking out the thousands of different possibilites...

odd... here's the response I got:

"I am not able to leave an interior feature uninstalled. The standard material or an upgrade must be selected to pass inspection for occupancy"

what is current market price for X condos per sqft nowadays? I got $550 for Murano, anyone check lately?

odd... here's the response I got:

"I am not able to leave an interior feature uninstalled. The standard material or an upgrade must be selected to pass inspection for occupancy"

That's bullshit. Drywall is perfectly acceptable for occupancy - hell, half the developers don't even include it, fight them on it.

Talked to the sales office. They only have 2 units left, both 2 bedrooms. The only other units to be released are on the penthouse floor, which has 11 foot ceilings.

Is great X is almost sold out (over 95%) and is 6-8 months behind Casa, which I believe is only 85% sold out.

Back