News   Jul 15, 2024
 141     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Worst City?

The worst cities I have visited in developed countries are Detroit and Gary, Indiana. There are enough posts and photos on this forum to illustrate why these two cities are so bad that I won't get into describing them because it's already been said and shown.

The best city I have visited in developed countries has to be London, UK. After 3 weeks there, the place grows on you and it takes years for the urge to revisit to subside.

The worst city in the developing world that I have visited is Karachi, Pakistan. Once it had a few nice neighbourhoods, but the whole place is one big ghetto now. Even the wealthy keep parts of their homes unfinished to save money. The outsides of homes are left dirty or unrepaired because homeowners think an attractive frontage will only attract burglars. What once was a city a few elite enclaves is now a city of slums.

The best city in the developing world that I have seen is Beijing. I was amazed to see how much infrastructure they have put into the city prior to the Olympics. For such a large city, it's surprisingly clean. Now if they could only keep their heritage buildings and hutongs from being torn down and redeveloped.

Back