News   May 14, 2024
 648     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 423     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 477     0 

Woodbine Centre

What would be in storage for the Rexdale Mall? That awning that fell down on people a year ago?
Perhaps Rexdale Mall is slowly being gutted, much the same as parts of the Woodbine has in the past.
I guess the owner is skipping the auction process this time around.

Needless to say, Woodbine has plenty of empty stalls perfect for Rexdale Mall's product.

What would be in storage for the Rexdale Mall? That awning that fell down on people a year ago?
In the initial court documents it said there was a ridiculous amount of product being stored in the parking garage of Rexdale Mall, as well as in the Stanfield and Birchmount stores. Now all the product seems to be in the parking lot of Woodbine Mall.

Just looking at it stresses me out. No chance he’ll ever sell it off let along figure out how to store or sort it. It will all end being dumped. Absolutely wild.

Woodbine Mall 2023

Woodbine_Centre_Atrium_2023.jpg

I remember when you could look down from the second level and admire the Woodbine Centre logo etched into the floor tiles. A time when the elevator had
a functioning fountain around it.

Even with the weekly shows these days, I think adding the stage was completely unnecessary. It just makes (a once spacious) area seem overcrowded.

The area outside of Cinestarz is currently sealed off with caution tape, as parts of the ceiling are being removed.

1700829280737.jpeg

A bin at the bottom collects the fallout.

1700829335426.jpeg

Local residents are reportedly furious, as they are no longer able to use the lone ATM, or enjoy the
Airplane and choo choo train kiddie rides.

Attachments

• 1700828901196.jpeg
    1700828901196.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
For many years, it was a weekend ritual for my pops, brother and I to visit the Woodbine cinemas. We were there for the last run of Cineplex Odeon,
stumbled upon the grand opening of Rainbow Cinemas, and were present for the dying days of Imagine Cinemas.

As usual, Dad would put five dollars on a 649 ticket at the nearby lotto kiosk. The same kiosk that continues to operate next to the escalators and
lower level photo booth. Admittedly, Dad thought that getting my brother or I to sign the back of the ticket would increase our chances of winning
(spoiler: it didn't). In truth, the most we ever won was another free ticket, to which my pops always responded "[it's the] story of my life...".

While Dad took care of business at the lotto kiosk, it was up to my brother and I to pick that weekend's particular movie. We'd saunter back and forth
the movie preview area looking for anything that caught our eye. Dad had a more-refined approach to picking flicks, basing his choices on movie reviews
or four star ratings from the Toronto Star.

By the time Imagine Cinemas rolled around, the Woodbine Centre had become a ghost town, and the selection of movies available to watch at the
Woodbine seemingly became more underwhelming. Maybe we were burned out by that point, or maybe we were witnessing a sign of things to come
with the Pandemic just around the corner.

Being a workaholic, the only time ever I saw my Father was on our weekend trips to the Woodbine. Even when the movie selection wasn't the best, we'd
still have the rest of the mall to shop around in. Now with my Dad no longer with us, and the mall in the shape it's in, I can't bring myself to start the
process over with Cinestarz.

As a kid, I used to look forward to visiting the Woodbine. Now as an adult, I look forward to racing for the exit.

Last edited:
The area outside of Cinestarz is currently sealed off with caution tape, as parts of the ceiling are being removed.

View attachment 522552
A bin at the bottom collects the fallout.

View attachment 522553
Local residents are reportedly furious, as they are no longer able to use the lone ATM, or enjoy the
Airplane and choo choo train kiddie rides.
are they finally renovating the mall, it took them LONG ENOUGH...

For many years, it was a weekend ritual for my pops, brother and I to visit the Woodbine cinemas. We were there for the last run of Cineplex Odeon,
stumbled upon the grand opening of Rainbow Cinemas, and were present for the dying days of Imagine Cinemas.

As usual, Dad would put five dollars on a 649 ticket at the nearby lotto kiosk. The same kiosk that continues to operate next to the escalators and
lower level photo booth. Admittedly, Dad thought that getting my brother or I to sign the back of the ticket would increase our chances of winning
(spoiler: it didn't). In truth, the most we ever won was another free ticket, to which my pops always responded "[it's the] story of my life...".

While Dad took care of business at the lotto kiosk, it was up to my brother and I to pick that weekend's particular movie. We'd saunter back and forth
the movie preview area looking for anything that caught our eye. Dad had a more-refined approach to picking flicks, basing his choices on movie reviews
or four star ratings from the Toronto Star.

By the time Imagine Cinemas rolled around, the Woodbine Centre had become a ghost town, and the selection of movies available to watch at the
Woodbine seemingly became more underwhelming. Maybe we were burned out by that point, or maybe we were witnessing a sign of things to come
with the Pandemic just around the corner.

Being a workaholic, the only time ever I saw my Father was on our weekend trips to the Woodbine. Even when the movie selection wasn't the best, we'd
still have the rest of the mall to shop around in. Now with my Dad no longer with us, and the mall in the shape it's in, I can't bring myself to start the
process over with Cinestarz.

As a kid, I used to look forward to visiting the Woodbine. Now as an adult, I look forward to racing for the exit.
Cinestarz is an amazing theatre in woodbine, one of the few GOOD things in the mall...

Water damage to the ceiling was my first guess as well. I remember Freedom mobile had a bucket set out to catch the leaking water
months ago.

I guess the Woodbine's current owner finally got the indoor water theme park he always wanted.

Merry Christmas, everyone.
You can warm up this holiday season by reading the fire hazard order placed outside Shop A Lot in the Woodbine Centre:

View attachment 529727
LOL I went in a few weeks ago and saw that. The place is an absolute war zone. The amount of inventory Chris Hinn has acquired is insane.
And there must be 50-75 tractor trailers in the parking lot filled with product from his other locations.

I wonder what will happen with all of it once he goes insolvent? Probably all to a dump.

I was walking through the top level of the old Zellers and was in awe at the amount of garbage for sale. You want a Coronation DVD trivia game? Or maybe some first generation Apple chargers or iPhone 4 cases? Broken dishes? It’s an absolute dump. They could sell stuff if they got rid of the obsolete and broken items and cleaned up a bit.

Back