News   May 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   May 28, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 561     0 

Woodbine Centre

The above photos confirm that the reemergence of Zellers is just a marketing gimmick. Hudson Bay just re-arranged some existing merchandise within its store, hung up a Zellers sign, and voila! "Zellers is back!"
No harm in that. Whatever pays the rent and bills. If they're smart, they'll also sell Zeddy bears while they're at it. Anything Zellers related.

The above photos confirm that the reemergence of Zellers is just a marketing gimmick. Hudson Bay just re-arranged some existing merchandise within its store, hung up a Zellers sign, and voila! "Zellers is back!"

I forgot Hudson Bay was responsible for the pop up Zellers. Guess I owe you guys some Blockbuster gift cards.

During my last stroll through the Fantasy Fair, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the Fantasy Fair workers. Most of which were just sitting
around waiting for guests to hop on the attractions. Google reviews tells me most of the rides are usually out of order these days.

The movie theatre is finally DONE with its renovations

IMG_20231019_155524.jpg

IMG_20231019_155548.jpg
IMG_20231019_155524.jpg

I wish they added an arcade to the cinema. The arcade in the fantasy fair had vintage arcade games from the 80s, but as soon as our infamous owner found out their value he auctioned them off and replaced them with new cheap generic games.

I wish they added an arcade to the cinema. The arcade in the fantasy fair had vintage arcade games from the 80s, but as soon as our infamous owner found out their value he auctioned them off and replaced them with new cheap generic games.
Unfortunately, there is a very old stale law from the 80's (in Toronto) that says that once a video arcade closes, another can not open up in it's place.
There may be ways around that law though...not sure.

that owner should have NEVER owned "woodbine mall"

Unfortunately, there is a very old stale law from the 80's (in Toronto) that says that once a video arcade closes, another can not open up in it's place.
but why, isn't their a way to get a new permit?

I don't know, there are some pretty hoppin' arcade bars that have opened downtown in recent times that are amazing.

I don't know, there are some pretty hoppin' arcade bars that have opened downtown in recent times that are amazing.
Yeah, they're new, and not replacing a previous arcade bar...that, or the law literally applies to just the stand alone arcades. It's an old confusing law. (in Toronto)

While I miss Skybox Games and the Fantasy Fair's arcade, I wonder if kids of today would feel the same way about the older cabinets.

For many of us in this forum, we grew up playing titles like Pac Man, the Simpsons Arcade Game and WrestleFest, so, there's a sense
of nostalgia there for us. Sadly, the niche market of Retro Gaming doesn't really cater to the family friendly vibe the Woodbine has been
trying to sell us for the last 40 years.

Instead, we're stuck with a store selling rejected amazon clothing.

Back