News   Apr 26, 2024
 2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 437     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

angry ... I'm not related to your building at all (as you can guess from my UT name), but without taking any sides, I do suggest listening to what your neighbours whom are on this forum have to say ... I've been following this project thread for quite a while and understand there are certainly ISSUES with Norstar with this project (as always, just look at Star of Downtown), the comments of others may provide you with a prespective that could change how you see things

Perhaps things are not perfect @ Wilshire (I have my share of issues with Tridel @ Solaris), but you may feel better about your new condo if you can see it in a different light? Try to look past the small things and push the builder to deal with the big ticket items (ie: water leak if any) ... what I've found is if I concentrated on NUMEROUS small errors of the builder I simply get more and more upset and everything then just looks wrong, and consequently I get upset and ANGRY at the issue without being able to resolve it

Cheers ~

First of all-ppl have to understand that the comments on here DO NOT REFLECT the majority of owners-I have statements (signed) from many residents with respect to issues surrounding this building- which I WILL NOT be bullied into sharing with others on this site as it was never my intention to vent on here. I have always maintained I have my own personal issues with Norstar and I have been and will be dealing with them! I have residents who refuse to use forums like these for the same reason I am experiencing -alot of bullying and antagonizing responses that defeat my/our purpose. I have owned condos build by "reputable" builders and we have friends who iife in condos in Yorkville and Bay Street-we know about standards! We will not sit around and ccept things the way they are because of the developer or the area where this building is located! That's ignorance! Pure and Simple! What I find most amusing about this site is that for years ppl have had nothing but negative critical things to share about this builder (including the recent posting by "owner") and NO ONE responds to her thread! Its comical! I have no more time for all this BS-its evident what's happening and as I have stated previously-it will all be dealt with in the proper forum! Cheers to all!!!! Lol!

But the vast majority of comments on this forum ARE negative.

First of all-ppl have to understand that the comments on here DO NOT REFLECT the majority of owners-I have statements (signed) from many residents with respect to issues surrounding this building- which I WILL NOT be bullied into sharing with others on this site as it was never my intention to vent on here. I have always maintained I have my own personal issues with Norstar and I have been and will be dealing with them! I have residents who refuse to use forums like these for the same reason I am experiencing -alot of bullying and antagonizing responses that defeat my/our purpose. I have owned condos build by "reputable" builders and we have friends who iife in condos in Yorkville and Bay Street-we know about standards! We will not sit around and ccept things the way they are because of the developer or the area where this building is located! That's ignorance! Pure and Simple! What I find most amusing about this site is that for years ppl have had nothing but negative critical things to share about this builder (including the recent posting by "owner") and NO ONE responds to her thread! Its comical! I have no more time for all this BS-its evident what's happening and as I have stated previously-it will all be dealt with in the proper forum! Cheers to all!!!! Lol!

The vast majority of comments on this forum are quite negative, Angry has merely listed them all. Why the bad temper guys? We should be directing this, if any, towards Norstar, not each other.

Howdy neighbours, anything new and exciting around here? Any word on registration? I haven't heard anything from Angry lately; maybe, she has taken some deep breaths. Actually, I heard that she has found a new avenue to vent - the Occupy Toronto protests downtown. Oh those greedy bankers and property developers :)

Things are good Koff. I stayed away from here after angry came in... some of the accusations were too neurotic for me to comprehend (e.g. urban toronto is owned by norstar...!).

I do have to say that I am very impressed by the insulation in the suites. It's 3C degrees outside, and my suite is 70F with no heat on yet. My parents house was absolutely freezing...

First of all…I never bothered to reply to any of your other “rants” as they make no sense and it is quite evident that you are ignorant and uninformed.

Second of all…I have a job, a family and my own business (it is obvious you have neither, given the times you are logged on here leaving stupid comments). Your comment about my “involvement” in some protest just reiterates and confirms your ignorance. And your “friends” response –does not faze me…I actually find it all quite amusing!!!

I would recommend that you get a life and stop disturbing others entitlement to peace and quiet. You may not have paid attention to the fact that you reside in a shared space and as such, there is an obligation to respect each other! Norstar may have elected to install the free weights and universal machine in the gym without first laying down a noise barrier, but YOU have no right to sneak into the gym at 9p.m. and stay past 10p.m. when the gym closes at 10! Yes, we do know who you are. Your selfish and inconsiderate act has resulted in a noise disturbance to many residents. Others have witnessed you and your friend staying late into the night – throwing the free weights onto the concrete floor – and disturbing others as late as 1145pm!!

I saw you last week in the gym working out past 1130 (and a complaint was filed) and I have photos to prove it. I also had another altercation with you last night (another complaint was filed). The gym closes at 10 – for a reason! It is clear you that you are of the opinion that YOU can set your own rules. Maybe it is YOU who should invest in a “bungalow”. The SENIOR citizen who complained about the noises from the gym had a right to complain as you are in there causing a disturbance past 11pm many nights when you are clearly not permitted to be in there.

Maybe you should go “rent” somewhere else as it is clear you are not a “civilized” person who should be sharing space with others.

As for your “friend’s” comment re “insulation” – omg – hilarious!!!

You know who I am – deal with me in person!

Things are good Koff. I stayed away from here after angry came in... some of the accusations were too neurotic for me to comprehend (e.g. urban toronto is owned by norstar...!).

I do have to say that I am very impressed by the insulation in the suites. It's 3C degrees outside, and my suite is 70F with no heat on yet. My parents house was absolutely freezing...

Hey Bruizeman & Koff -
Nice to hear from you again!

I agree with the comment above about the insulation. My mom, who lives in our unit, has never complained about the temperature, so if she hasn't complained (yet), then this passes her litmus test.

I haven't received anything from Norstar about registration either. I contacted Karen a few weeks ago about this, and she said that this would likely occur in the fall. I guess we still have 8 weeks of fall left...

The most recent economic news that bank rates will remain stable until this time next year is good for all of us. Let's hope we can complete final closing before the end of the year !

Cheers!

Last edited:

Hey bruizeman, nice to hear from you. Yes, I think our heating bill will be ok this winter.

Now, I think Angry has gone off the deep end. I have no idea what's she is talking about. I'm still recovering from a fractured arm (it's still in a sling), so I have not had a chance to use the gym as yet....what the heck is Angry talking about???

Angry, what the heck r u talking about now? I've never used the gym. R u losing your marbles ?

Hello,
I found a place that has 30x15x1 filters but they will only sell them by the case. Please let me know if you are interested and I will order them for us. I also spoke to Valerie awhile back she told be she would talk to the builder to get some cases for us but she never got back tome so I lost faith in that.

Hi guys, it's been awhile since I last logged in. Hope you guys are well. We bought our furnace filters up at the Walmart for 15 bucks before tax.....pricey but you only replace every 3 months. There were cheaper filters but I believe the quality was not as good. FYI- we checked out Lowes and the same filters were 2 bucks more.

Back