News   Apr 18, 2024
 218     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 538     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.9K     0 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Hey guys

Looks like there is no more Niagara falls in the parking lot,Wich is great.
Does anyone with bell tv know what Chanel the lobby tv is,I have asked everyone
That works for norstar and valarie and a email to Karen(with no response)and nobodys
Knows,does anyone know ?

Also does anyone here have bell fibetv?if so what deals did you guys get?
Is it any good?

Ps valarie has told me that dec 20 is when the condo should be registered,anyone here the same?

I have no idea! I'd like to know too.

This is interesting ... you all have a different filter size - I need to use 14 x 25 x 1, which are usually in stock.

On a similar note, I had to reset our Heat / AC unit yesterday, as it was pumping out cool air instead of warm. After following the instructions about this, the heating system worked properly again. Pretty annoying if this has to be done routinely.

About condo registration - if Dec 20th is the date, then Norstar needs to gives us plenty of time to get our stuff together - 4 weeks, at least, I hope. If anyone gets their letters, let others in this forum know, because not everyone will see / receive it at the same time.

Yea here here, would love not to pay rent for something I bought,

Ps nels do u have bell fibe?

Hey OEW,

No, I went with Rogers for the first year on a contract, but I'm strongly considering switching to Bell Fibe next year, as Bell is offering decent deals when you bundle with internet & phone. Are you on regular Bell satellite?

Hey OEW,

No, I went with Rogers for the first year on a contract, but I'm strongly considering switching to Bell Fibe next year, as Bell is offering decent deals when you bundle with internet & phone. Are you on regular Bell satellite?

Hey nels

Ya I have regular bell satellite tv, I'm wanting to switch to fibe tv as it's 2$ more than what I'm paying now for tv,of course u need to already have all 3 to get a good deal on fibe or atleast phone and net for a good deal with bell satellite tv,call Andrea is my best idea.

I'm looking for ppl who's have fibe tv? wanna know there thoughts

Hm... not sure what size mine is, but I'm more interested in those environmentally friendly filter that I saw at Home Depot, it is reusable and all you need to do is wash it once in a while. Not sure if it filter as good as those disposable ones though.

This is interesting ... you all have a different filter size - I need to use 14 x 25 x 1, which are usually in stock.

On a similar note, I had to reset our Heat / AC unit yesterday, as it was pumping out cool air instead of warm. After following the instructions about this, the heating system worked properly again. Pretty annoying if this has to be done routinely.

About condo registration - if Dec 20th is the date, then Norstar needs to gives us plenty of time to get our stuff together - 4 weeks, at least, I hope. If anyone gets their letters, let others in this forum know, because not everyone will see / receive it at the same time.

Building Bully

Hey Folks,

I hope you guys are enjoying your new building. I’m in a building downtown, but I have a cousin who bought one of the Wilshire on the Green units.
From what I’ve been hearing, you guys got a paralegal bully in your building who keeps harassing people to join her in a lawsuit against the builder. We had a guy like that in our building, also a paralegal who was doing the very same thing – I guess it’s a trend nowadays. Hey, in this economy, I guess everyone is looking to retire early.
We thought it would end upon registration; however, it only got worse. He got elected to the condo board and the harassment continued. He wanted to have all kind of stuff installed on the complex that would have jacked up the maintenance fee. In the end people started selling, one after the other. Buyers thought there were issues with the building and this led to lower property values for all of us as owners just wanted to get out and leave the mess behind.
Luckily for us, paralegals are now required to be licensed in Ontario and are regulated, along with lawyers, by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
http://www.lsuc.on.ca or 1-800-268-7568. By snail mail, Law Society of Upper Canada, Osgoode Hall, 130 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON M5H 2N6
Hence, we filed a complaint that resulted in him being disciplined – due to harassment (one resident was wired and taped all the interactions with him) and bad advice given to residents. He was also running a registered business in his unit; so, we complained to the Better Business Bureau (http://mwco.bbb.org) and also started a lawsuit against his business for harassment of condo owners, incompetence - owing from the bad legal advice given to fellow condo owners and other issues. In the end, he became nervous about losing the lawsuit which would have led to him losing his unit. We dropped the lawsuit after he agreed to sell his unit and move out. The following week, residents held a big party until 4 am, in his “honourâ€.

Hope things get better over there.

Tim

Hi Tisane,

Did you ever hear back from Valerie about the filters? My furnace takes the same size as yours. They're definitely not available at Walmart. :(

Hello,
I found a place that has 30x15x1 filters but they will only sell them by the case. Please let me know if you are interested and I will order them for us. I also spoke to Valerie awhile back she told be she would talk to the builder to get some cases for us but she never got back tome so I lost faith in that.

Hey Folks,

I hope you guys are enjoying your new building. I’m in a building downtown, but I have a cousin who bought one of the Wilshire on the Green units.
From what I’ve been hearing, you guys got a paralegal bully in your building who keeps harassing people to join her in a lawsuit against the builder. We had a guy like that in our building, also a paralegal who was doing the very same thing – I guess it’s a trend nowadays. Hey, in this economy, I guess everyone is looking to retire early.
We thought it would end upon registration; however, it only got worse. He got elected to the condo board and the harassment continued. He wanted to have all kind of stuff installed on the complex that would have jacked up the maintenance fee. In the end people started selling, one after the other. Buyers thought there were issues with the building and this led to lower property values for all of us as owners just wanted to get out and leave the mess behind.
Luckily for us, paralegals are now required to be licensed in Ontario and are regulated, along with lawyers, by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
http://www.lsuc.on.ca or 1-800-268-7568. By snail mail, Law Society of Upper Canada, Osgoode Hall, 130 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON M5H 2N6
Hence, we filed a complaint that resulted in him being disciplined – due to harassment (one resident was wired and taped all the interactions with him) and bad advice given to residents. He was also running a registered business in his unit; so, we complained to the Better Business Bureau (http://mwco.bbb.org) and also started a lawsuit against his business for harassment of condo owners, incompetence - owing from the bad legal advice given to fellow condo owners and other issues. In the end, he became nervous about losing the lawsuit which would have led to him losing his unit. We dropped the lawsuit after he agreed to sell his unit and move out. The following week, residents held a big party until 4 am, in his “honourâ€.

Hope things get better over there.

Tim

Very interesting concept; I would think that perhaps some of the owners may just welcome someone with the enthusiasm, dedication and tenacity of this paralegal residing in the building, that you so freely label “bullyâ€. This person maybe a diamond in the ruff, but perhaps what is needed as a member of the board of directors along with other caring, knowledgeable and level headed individuals that are willing to step up to the plate to oversee that the building is run in an efficient and accountable manner. You may not be aware, but board members are dedicated individuals that give their time, resources and efforts without any monetary compensation. Their only satisfaction lays on the welfare of the building.
Could it be that behind your comments and information regarding the Law Society of Canada, Better Business Bureau etc. perhaps a Norstar representative is tempting to persuade the masses for their own interest??

Food for thought

That's an interesting perspective. We can't be too carefull because all too soon we will be the owners of the units and any deficiencies will be our responsibility in the future. We need to stand up for our rights by bringing to the developer's attention any deficiencies that exist and trust that they will be addressed, but we need to this in a responsible and respectful manner.The Tarrion warranty plan is in place...we are paying for it...so we should be using it.

Living in a condo is quite different than living in a house. As previous people have stated...I believe...there needs to be a respect and concern for the common good as well as for your own interests.

Once we elect a board of directors it will be really important that certains steps are taken that may result in an increase in our maintenace fees. eg. hiring security guards. I understand that 2 computers have been stolen from the library and that cars have been damaged in the underground. Lots of people are entering the building that should not have access. I hope that folks understand that money in security would be money well invested and not be pre occupied with the bottom line only.

On another note I am having lots of issues with condensation on the windows of my unit. The window sills are stained and warped as a result. The water piles up every day and has to be dried up daily. Anyone else having the same problem?

As well, has anyone else noticed the water problem in the lockers by U223? The floor is soaked and water is running into the hall. This is a serious problem that we should all take seriously whether or not our lockers are directly affected. If it is not addressed we will all share the cost in the future and it will be an expensive repair. I hate to see what the locker area will look like after a winter of snow and melting in the spring.

Security should have been a given from the start!

Well, the vandalism and thefts confirm my new belief that a condo in the middle of Scarborough should have 24/7 security staff. Somehow I doubt we'll get that when people find out how much it would cost.

I wonder though if the vandals/thieves are outsiders or are children of our neighbours? Of course I wonder too why anyone would either be bothered to come in off the street or be dumb enough to steal/vandalize stuff in their own 'home'? But then I wondered who would be dumb enough and lack consideration for everyone else's safety when rocks were being thrown off the roof...

vandalism

Well, the vandalism and thefts confirm my new belief that a condo in the middle of Scarborough should have 24/7 security staff. Somehow I doubt we'll get that when people find out how much it would cost.

I wonder though if the vandals/thieves are outsiders or are children of our neighbours? Of course I wonder too why anyone would either be bothered to come in off the street or be dumb enough to steal/vandalize stuff in their own 'home'? But then I wondered who would be dumb enough and lack consideration for everyone else's safety when rocks were being thrown off the roof...

i agree that we should have security. it actually wouldn't cost that much when you consider the number of units it would be divided by. it would be money well spent since it would prevent a lot of future costs caused by unwanted intruders vandalizing and stealing. have you been around during the day? there is a high school nearby and i am quite sure that the children of residents are letting their friends into the building during lunch hour and after school and they are not being supervised. this should not be happening. any thoughts.

kooch

Security Guards

i agree that we should have security. it actually wouldn't cost that much when you consider the number of units it would be divided by. it would be money well spent since it would prevent a lot of future costs caused by unwanted intruders vandalizing and stealing. have you been around during the day? there is a high school nearby and i am quite sure that the children of residents are letting their friends into the building during lunch hour and after school and they are not being supervised. this should not be happening. any thoughts.

kooch

I'm not around during the day, so I haven't noticed kids coming back with their friends from the high school beside us.

Kooch is right. How could we stop kids from bringing home their friends (when their parents are working) and doing dubious things without 24/7 security? I really hope everyone takes the thefts and vandalism into consideration when the building is finally registered and we have a condo board and we can vote to get the security guards we need.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Back