405     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 661     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 2.7K     0 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Hi everyone,

Congrats Nels ...u finally got ur keys.

My PDI has been moved ahead again but just got confirmation that the move-in dates are not going to change anymore.

Hi everyone,

Congrats Nels ...u finally got ur keys.

My PDI has been moved ahead again but just got confirmation that the move-in dates are not going to change anymore.

Thanks Maple! It's been a long time coming!

Glad to know that your closing date is not changing :) Too bad that you'll have to wait a bit longer to get your PDI done. If you have any questions, let us know.

Hi guys,

We got our key this morning. Planning in moving next weekend but we were told that moving is not allowed in the weekend. Norstar and/or the bldg management think that we don't work at all. No considerations considering that we are all ordinary people like them. Work during the week. In the second thought we are not like them. We'd rather deal with our apartment landlord, we might get lucky.

See you all guys in the hallways. Or in our first bldg welcome party.

Hi guys,

We got our key this morning. Planning in moving next weekend but we were told that moving is not allowed in the weekend. Norstar and/or the bldg management think that we don't work at all. No considerations considering that we are all ordinary people like them. Work during the week. In the second thought we are not like them. We'd rather deal with our apartment landlord, we might get lucky.

See you all guys in the hallways. Or in our first bldg welcome party.

Congratulations on getting your keys, agp!

How come people can't move on weekends?

Hi Nel,

That was what Alexandra told us. You can't booked the elevator in the weekend. We are moving bit by bit, in fact, we already moved some of the boxes. Guess what, we are not the only one doing it. Imagine Friday night and people are busy moving.

Hi Nel,

That was what Alexandra told us. You can't booked the elevator in the weekend. We are moving bit by bit, in fact, we already moved some of the boxes. Guess what, we are not the only one doing it. Imagine Friday night and people are busy moving.

Hey agp

Does that also mean Leons and the brick ect can't come on the weekend?

I have it worked out like this, we move in on a Monday, tue Canada appliances come and Friday furniture plus our personal stuff and Saturday and Sunday for the bell tech and putting it all together

Hey agp

I have it worked out like this, we move in on a Monday, tue Canada appliances come and Friday furniture plus our personal stuff and Saturday and Sunday for the bell tech and putting it all together

I'm starting to think I'll need to take a week off work to move everything from my current place and furniture stores...

Hey agp

Hi,
ALexandra explained that deliveries from big furniture stores do NOT require the elevators to be booked, on ANY day of the week. Appliance Canada delivers on Saturdays, and likely will continue to do so over the next couple of months.

So, have no worries about getting deliveries on Saturdays. From what AGP said, we can't book the elevators on weekends for personal moves that take at least 2 hours of time (that's the max amount of time your're given per booking).

]I went by the building this weekend and snapped some shots of the lobby.

IMO, looks quite nice.

IMG_20110319_143653.jpg
IMG_20110319_143657.jpg
IMG_20110319_143718.jpg
IMG_20110319_143710.jpg
IMG_20110319_143649.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20110319_143653.jpg
    IMG_20110319_143653.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_20110319_143657.jpg
    IMG_20110319_143657.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_20110319_143718.jpg
    IMG_20110319_143718.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_20110319_143710.jpg
    IMG_20110319_143710.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_20110319_143649.jpg
    IMG_20110319_143649.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
Hi All,

Has anyone had any problems moving large pieces of furniture (e.g., sofa) into either: a) the elevators, or b) your unit?

Space seems so tight everywhere...

Hi All,

Has anyone had any problems moving large pieces of furniture (e.g., sofa) into either: a) the elevators, or b) your unit?

Space seems so tight everywhere...

Hey nels

Ya I agree,now if we could use the elevators to move things that the workers do then were talking, lol

How's the move so far? Any news to report?

Hey nels

Ya I agree,now if we could use the elevators to move things that the workers do then were talking, lol

How's the move so far? Any news to report?

Hi OEW,

The move is getting there ... we got our appliances yesterday; the delivery guys arrived on-site @ 8am sharp. They did 8 deliveries in total, I was told, all in one trip. They were very careful and quick, so I've no complaints; they did a very good job. The fridge and stove were free of scratches, and had protective tape on the stainless steel surfaces. We were told by Appliance Canada to wait 4 hours to plug in the fridge after it's delivered.

There's lots of dust everywhere. Saw a worker using a shop vac throughout the entire hallway - very noisy, but necessary.

That's all for now.

Thanks Bruizeman for the information, I'll test the reception on my side (my unit is on east side) see if it is good enough before ordering cable.

You can get quite a few actually. Global, Citytv, omni, CBC, ctv, and maybe some of the american ones... fox, pbs.

I posted a link a couple pages back on the signal analysis:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=ccd132934173c1

For the internet, I'll probably go with teksavvy cable.

And for phone, I have my cellphone (with mobilicity).

Back