News   May 15, 2024
 344     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 356     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 955     1 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Did anyone take a home inspector to their PDI ? Based on what you experienced, do you think it was worth it? My date is coming up soon - actually i was originally scheduled for last week, but I called to reschedule. It's now tentatively schedule for a week and a half from now, but I am hoping to move it up if someone cancels. I think that I have a good eye for the details, but I am worried about things things that were note done to code. I was told that the city inspectors only check a random sample of the units. Does anyone know whether the sample space would be public information and where I can access it. I would feel a lot better of my unit was actually inspected by the city inspector.

Also, have anyone encountered any, in your opinion, serious deficiencies in the unit. How about noise levels? Can you hear the traffic on Warden? More importantly, would we be able to hear Mango3 venting about the shoddy workmanship? :)

One eye wonder,

You are problably right. I think we have to vote of the executive within a year. So, I should withdraw that comment.

Hey koff

No worries I just hope we don't end up having a seinfeld fiasco on the condo board lol

Hey Folks,

I think that we'll have final closing during the next few months. For those who are first-time buyers, remember to remind your lawyers to claim both the municipal and provincial land transfer tax rebates. If you qualify (must be first-time buyer, Canadian resident who will be occuying the unit, etc., you stand to save a substantial amount - on an average unit, it could be as much as $5K in closing costs). Also, it's an up-front rebate, hence you don't need to pay and get reimbursement. The Lawyer can claim it upon registration.

I think the rebates were introduced to stimulate the economy during the recent recession. I heard a rumour that one of both could be on the chopping block next year.

Please check it out: www.rev.gov.on.ca/en/tax/ltt/

I took a visit to the parking and found that typical locker is 5x7.

Hey folks,

Happy to see that everyone is finally moving in. Has anyone been assigned their parking space and locker as yet? Any idea about locker size?

Last time Michael told me there are 4 units left, if I remember correctly.

Hey all

I was at the site today to ask about the outlet for the cables,I was told to enter at the front entrance at the round about,I went up the elevators,both were working and I was told that these are the only two elevators,they were not complete it was all wood around them,also the floors and wall of the 1st floor was not finished, but is there anyone here that has moved in as I'm sure we would all like too know about the parking spaces and ect? Anyone know if they have all the units sold?

Thanks Nels_TO,

But according to Michael, seems everyone have the OTR mount installed, have this issue. So I expect that I would have too.

I hope you won't have issues installing the OTR microwave, Marco.

Let's all pray that both elevators will be operational for all our deliveries and personal moves !!! Surely they can fit a sofa or mattress, right??

LOL sorry one eye wonder, maybe I mislead you, I did not say the building manager is bad, I'm just referring to the unsealed envelop to mock how every business related to Norstar is, at least those we experienced already :p. I personally talked to Alexandra and she is nice :p

Hey koff

Atleast the ppl from malvern are nice unlike .... From what Marco said,and also was nice to me. But what do you mean we get them for years? I thought we would pick a president,althou I have no idea how it works

Hey Koff,

No idea about locker size but you will get your locker number and parking space number when you sign your occupancy forms at your lawyer's.

Hey folks,

Happy to see that everyone is finally moving in. Has anyone been assigned their parking space and locker as yet? Any idea about locker size?

Lol!

hey, mine was the same way. Hey we have norstar for another few months. One the other hand, we have malvern for years. Hope such sloppiness isn't a sign of things to come.

On that note, i hear that mango3 got her letter hand-delivered, by courier, in a sealed envelope. :)

Hey Koff,

I'm not sure about your questions regarding the city inspector but I had an home inspector with me. He was a friend of mine so he did it as a favour. I don't think you necessarily need an inspector with you. I would advise another pair of eyes just to make sure you catch everything but you'll still have the 30 day Tarion form to complete if you find anything after the move.

Did anyone take a home inspector to their PDI ? Based on what you experienced, do you think it was worth it? My date is coming up soon - actually i was originally scheduled for last week, but I called to reschedule. It's now tentatively schedule for a week and a half from now, but I am hoping to move it up if someone cancels. I think that I have a good eye for the details, but I am worried about things things that were note done to code. I was told that the city inspectors only check a random sample of the units. Does anyone know whether the sample space would be public information and where I can access it. I would feel a lot better of my unit was actually inspected by the city inspector.

Also, have anyone encountered any, in your opinion, serious deficiencies in the unit. How about noise levels? Can you hear the traffic on Warden? More importantly, would we be able to hear Mango3 venting about the shoddy workmanship? :)

Be prepared everyone! When your occupancy date comes, Norstar's lawyers will take their sweet time in checking your documents and giving the go-ahead to pick up your keys. My occupancy is today, the site office closes at 4pm, it's 2:15 pm right now and I have still had no word from anyone. I can't go pick up the keys until the site office is notified by Norstar's lawyer and I need at least an hour's travel time to be able to get to the office to pick up the key. ARGH! They are so last minute with everything!

Be prepared everyone! When your occupancy date comes, Norstar's lawyers will take their sweet time in checking your documents and giving the go-ahead to pick up your keys. My occupancy is today, the site office closes at 4pm, it's 2:15 pm right now and I have still had no word from anyone. I can't go pick up the keys until the site office is notified by Norstar's lawyer and I need at least an hour's travel time to be able to get to the office to pick up the key. ARGH! They are so last minute with everything!

Hey bloom

Wow I'm surprised lol not norstar,please keep us posted on the results of today, I am worried about the norstar Tom foolery

Back