News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 762     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Hey Mango3,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I would have been extremely peeved off myself, as others would too.

Yes, let's hope that Management will do something about this - "free" appliances should not come with strings attached - we're all paying for them indirectly through the purchase price.

Hang in there, and I hope we'll all benefit from this negative.

Thank you for your support Nel_TO. I want to do whatever I can to ensure that others don't go through any unnecessary difficulty that I have to. I will update you guys when I get more information. I have spoken to my other friends who have purchased condos and they NEVER went through anything like this. I remember when I went with one of my friends to "inspect" his condo prior to occupancy. All the appliances were already there and ready to use. I think the sales man got me on this one because I chose not to upgrade my appliances. I wonder what he would have charged me if I did go with an upgrade. Fearful to think...lol...Well, this is definitely a learning experience for me and hopefully not a TOO expensive one.

Hey mango3,

Thanks a lot for the headsup. I will be so mad if I have to pay this charge. If Michael doesnt know about this then its was not part of the initial deal...or else he would have told us upfront. How can they say that the appl come wid the house but u have to pay installation...thats like buying the house and paying labour for building it...lol. ridiculous. We better not have to pay this charge. Fingers crossed.

How much (if you don't mind me asking) did you get charged for installation of your appliance?..I feel ripped off...they charged me $355 to install the dishwashing machine, washer and dryer....I thought the builder was responsible for doing all that, as other condos do.

Guys I'm as mad as he'll when I heard this,anyone know If We do it ourselves? or maybe get ppl who won't charge that much to do it?would it violate anything for the condo? Also I'm wondering if we could just take the cash of what the appliances are worth and buy our own as it's been said the place sells crap? How much would we get? Also any news on any tv or phone as um wondering if Rogers or bell will just do a bulk package for the condo?

Ceiling Light Upgrade - DENIED!

Hi everyone,

I found out that the bedrooms didn't come with a ceiling light (!!!) when we came to choose our colours 3 weeks ago. So, my wife & I decided to add, as upgrades, 3 ceiling caps (ie, wired, but with no fixtures), to each of the 2 bedroom s + den. Well, yesterday I received a phone call from Norstar, and they told me that they COULDN'T add the ceiling caps because of the concrete that's already there. Apparently, it was too difficult to drill through that concrete and do the wiring. Are you kidding me??? Why even offer the upgrade then? I just don't get it.

Man, this is not turning out so good for some of us...

And with all this appliance installation stuff that Mango3 has had to go through ... What I don't get, is, how are we supposed to give firm delivery dates to them, if, we don't even know ourselves when we'll be able to move into the place? It'll be cancellation after cancellation, and that's when more confusion will follow.

What will come next???

Take care everyone!

That's a good one, Mango!

Yeah, you have to read the really small print in the specifications sheet that we'll only get ceiling lights from a) the foyer b) dining room, c) track lighting in the kitchen. In the washroom I think we get lights on a side wall, by the vanity. NOTHING ELSE! I remembered when I spoke to Michael when I was first looking at putting an offer down last April 2009 if ceiling lights were standard - he said 'YES' - stupid me, I should have gotten that in writing :-( I was so disappointed when we were told that ceiling lights were EXTRA UPGRADES! Now they can't even find a way to install these ceiling caps without butchering the ceilings. Good think we cancelled on getting an over the stove microwave shelf - it's probably would have cost us big $ for a special microwave + installation.

Guys I'm as mad as he'll when I heard this,anyone know If We do it ourselves? or maybe get ppl who won't charge that much to do it?would it violate anything for the condo? Also I'm wondering if we could just take the cash of what the appliances are worth and buy our own as it's been said the place sells crap? How much would we get? Also any news on any tv or phone as um wondering if Rogers or bell will just do a bulk package for the condo?

Hi - I asked Karen at Norstar which company would be providing our cable service, and she said "Rogers". This made sense to me, because the units are supposed to have CAT5 wiring, which is usually used for cable internet. I recall reading threads for the 'Star of Downtown" project, and for those owners a package deal was being offered. Let's see if we got the right answer for this one :) I guess time will tell...

Hi - I asked Karen at Norstar which company would be providing our cable service, and she said "Rogers". This made sense to me, because the units are supposed to have CAT5 wiring, which is usually used for cable internet. I recall reading threads for the 'Star of Downtown" project, and for those owners a package deal was being offered. Let's see if we got the right answer for this one :) I guess time will tell...

Lol deal with Rogers that's a joke,I think we should tell micheal about this forum so the management can see what we think,not that they care

Hi everyone,

Just through all ur posts....its getting worse isnt it? I havent heard back from my lawyer as yet. I worried abt the notice period as well....im just hoping all goes well. I might go to see Michael this weekend. Will keep u guys updated.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all this great info; I guess we'll have to chalk this one up for experience. On the bright side, we are now qualified to consult on condo purchasing. We could take on second jobs and offer seminars to new condo buyers. I think that we'll need the extra change to pay for all the upgrades. Anyway, I have to pick my furnishings next week and I really appreciate the info posted so far. I am a minimalist, so I plan to stick with the basics. However, my g/f wants hardwood. Does anyone know if this option is offered and how much extra it would cost versus a comparable laminate flooring plan? Also, assuming that it's $2K, would they need that upfront? Even if it's affordable, i might get soaked on the installation charge.

That's a good one! I might have to work part-time at the Timmy's next door to subsidize my mortgage :)

We asked about the upgrade on better flooring - I think you can only go with "engineered" hardwood as the top upgrade. I can't recall what the price was, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did cost > $2K - I would check around to see if you can get it done cheaper for your square footage.

And yes, they do want their money upfront on any upgrades you get :-( It's been 3 weeks since we selected our finishings & upgrades, but they haven't cashed my cheque yet.

Good luck with your appointment!

Hi everyone,

FYI - if u wanna see the inside or ur apartment...NOW u can do that only on saturdays. They are not allowing people in on the weekdays.

Also, my agreement doesnt ask me to pay for installing the dishwasher...so im gonna try my best not to pay for that.

Hi everyone! Is there any knowledgeable person who can help me with these information ! How much was the actual purchase cost for 2 or 3 bed condo here ? How much will be total mortgage payment including maintenance cost etc. per month on a 30 or 35 years bank loan say at 5-10% down payment for the cost of 2 or 3-bed condo in this project ? What type of interest rate is most suitable at the moment?

Hi everyone,

Just spoke to Jessica today. They are not gonna allow anyone inside the building because of the safety issue....not during the week or weekend. The only time u'll be allowed in is during the pre-inspection....which sucks.

Mango 3 - ask ur lawyer to read ur agreement and check if anything about appliance installation is mentioned...if not...he can write a letter to the builder to bear the charges.

thank you maple mystery!!...Is that something that the lawyer can do for me??..I spoke to numerous people and they told me that they have NEVER heard of anyone paying to have their appliances ( that already come with the condo) to be installed. well, I have to get a new lawyer because the one I have doesn't have a clue...I was trying to save on lawyer fees by just getting one at the end to handle the closing but by the looks of things, i'm more "out of pocket" then having to retain my own lawyer.

Hi mango3,

Yes your lawyer should be dealing with this issue. My real estate agent told me the same thing...he has never heard of such a thing ever before. Its important to have a good agent and a good lawyer. Our agent is awesome and he gives us very good advise, he pointed out a lot of things to us which we wouldnt know.

well unfortunately my agent is doing nothing for me!! and is useless...he is my uncle so I can't fire him...as for the lawyer, I am shopping around for another one. So I really don't know what to do...I wish I could fire my agent but it will cause a lot of problems...my mom wanted to make sure HE got the commission but in doing so, it has put me in a bad spot. I will be looking for another real estate lawyer this afternoon.

Oh man...thats a though one. Anyways...all the best with the search.

Back