News   Oct 04, 2024
 2.2K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 4.1K     5 

Why is Toronto a dark grey black shade?

• Thread starter Why is Toronto a dark grey black shade?
  • Start date
Re: to much of one thing

5thmirubypose2.jpg

Re: to much of one thing

"next time anyone is in Montreal, take a look, you thought Torontonians wore a lot of black. It's the whole euro-trash thing."

when i was in milan i noticed the same thing. All shades (?) of black, but oh so sexy.

how about

how about destroying the cn tower,rom,ago,eaton,hell everything on queen and young and then building giant black box stores with qiant grey parkinglots,gas stations everywhere, with people dressed in black siting in chairs that are part corperate billboard part seat ,writing on black paper with black ink depressing poetry

Toronto tourism 2010 45 people

spice

for real tho , i think People would warm up to toronto if the city added more spice, put a little curve in that harsh straight line, add a little colour,funk, a little bit of a womens touch and i have no doubt peoples feelings would change about toronto. Charm and warmth, it would be cool!

spice

Toronto in 2020 known as

TOroNto a city with spice

or

Toronto a city of a million funeral services

Re: spice

I'm not too concerned what colour people dress in, but I do find the city way too grey and drab in the winter... a combination of the grey skies, loss of greenery and greyness of the cityscape. I wish something could be done about that.

city beautification

Ganja

the great thing is something can be done and there is people in the city trying to fix this problem

check out this site

www.beautification.ca/content

it made me happy , check out the pictures of some of the things they have done in Toronto

i've actually done a little painting around the city myself

trying to find grey dull spots and painting them nice colours

some visual stimulation, vibrant , or soothing

If anyone wants to do some painting with me in the city just holla

Toronto transformation

Re: some visual stimulation, vibrant , or soothing

how about destroying the cn tower,rom,ago,eaton,hell everything on queen and young and then building giant black box stores with qiant grey parkinglots,gas stations everywhere, with people dressed in black siting in chairs that are part corperate billboard part seat ,writing on black paper with black ink depressing poetry

Why? So you would have something to paint?

Grey is a more versatile and sophisticated neutral than black, since it shifts in tone depending on what colour you match it with - it adopts the appearance of the complementary colour: next to red it takes on a greenish tone, next to yellow it takes on a purplish tone etc. So it always remains in visual harmony. In a sense, it can do this because it contains all the other colours of the spectrum.

The outside of the Four Seasons Centre demonstrates this principle nicely - the grey brick walls change colour throughout the day in response to the ambient light.

White is also underated.

Just tough to keep clean.

Though the word "white" doesn't seem to have as many negative connotations as "grey", for most people.

Poor grey. So clever. So misunderstood. It does the job that other colours can only dream of doing, but never gets the credit it deserves - just abuse.

I'm myself agin grey. Grey can go eat.

Im just curious to why there is a patteren in toronto for people to dress in dark colours , alot of black. If you notice peoples clothing in other cities like New york for example theres people dressed in brighter colours, Atlanta is on the complete opposite end of Toronto ,they dress in very vibrant bright colours, so help me out here ,why do many Torontonians prefer black?

Dark colours e popular in winter, and it's cold (or at least cool) for a decent portion of the year here.

In the spring and summer you see a large variety of colours and outfits.

Back