1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 654     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 305     0 

Who has the longest commute to work?

Who has the longest commute to work?

• Total voters
Usually just under an hour whether by bike or transit (Subway + MT Bus), from the Junction Triangle to Mississauga City Centre.

I mostly enjoy this commute, but would rather have the time back for other things.

LeonS: I have similar situation. It takes me about 15-20 mins to head to work from Yonge/Finch area to Vic Park/Steeles (near 404), but on the way home it takes 25-30 minutes.

I think part of the heavy traffic at Yonge and finch in the afternoon is from many people being picked up from the subway, and people heading down there to wait for people. I'd wish they'd extend the subway north to Hwy7 already to alleviate the jam down here.

Looking at the poll numbers, they seemed very skewed to people who work from home. According to stats Canada, GTA residents have the longest commute time, something like 80 minutes each day (ie. 40mins avg commute to work).

That is a lot of wasted time each day.

Leslieville to the Financial Core can be done in as little as 25 minutes, but as much as 50 min depending largely on the TTC streetcars and buses.

Thankfully, the reliability during the day time is much better than I had feared. In the evening can be really bad, though.

From Davisville to Front, 25 to 30 minutes.
Most often on the 141, but sometimes on the subway.

it really depends on traffic.. a good day. 30 mins. bad is over 45mins. I work 15 km's from home.

Looking at the poll numbers, they seemed very skewed to people who work from home. According to stats Canada, GTA residents have the longest commute time, something like 80 minutes each day (ie. 40mins avg commute to work).

That is a lot of wasted time each day.

also skewed just by the general make-up of UT members.. generally urbanites.

as for me.. 31 minutes door to door. but thankfully I stopped the monster commute from oakville to 400/HWY 7. that was deadly - litterally.

Back