News   May 28, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 28, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 548     0 

Where are you on the political spectrum?

Where are you on the political spectrum?

• Total voters
If one is against vulture capitalism one appears to be anti-crime. Capitalism as we know it has failed.

Did I say that? What said was that if you are anti-capitalist, you aren't a libertarian no matter how much you be believe in gay marriage. You are just a socially liberal anti-capitalist. You can't claim to be for personal liberties, i.e. libertarianism, and then only to apply those liberties to the social or economic sphere. The dividing line between the two is arbitrary.

Baloney. These political labels are arbitrary and misleading.

If one is against vulture capitalism one appears to be anti-crime. Capitalism as we know it has failed.

i'd hardly call those billion dollar bailouts + bonuses for those responsible for the recession a failure. communism for the rich and capitalism are interchangeable terms for the same thing. and that thing i refer to is the hose they use to siphon your money out of your pocket and into theirs. whether it's selling you junk you don't need that doesn't work properly and is poorly built or collecting welfare for destroying the economy, somebody's profitin' and it ain't you or me.

i'd hardly call those billion dollar bailouts + bonuses for those responsible for the recession a failure. communism for the rich and capitalism are interchangeable terms for the same thing. and that thing i refer to is the hose they use to siphon your money out of your pocket and into theirs. whether it's selling you junk you don't need that doesn't work properly and is poorly built or collecting welfare for destroying the economy, somebody's profitin' and it ain't you or me.

Communism for the rich is not capitalism, it is corruption. It is why fiscal conservatives were angry with Bush, and Obama is no better. You should be free - to succeed OR TO FAIL.

Communism for the rich is not capitalism, it is corruption. It is why fiscal conservatives were angry with Bush, and Obama is no better. You should be free - to succeed OR TO FAIL.

Failure that involves getting caught doing unethical things should be punished if fiscal conservatives were not just angry but believed in accountability.

Failure that involves getting caught doing unethical things should be punished if fiscal conservatives were not just angry but believed in accountability.

Failure that involves getting caught doing illegal things should be punished if fiscal conservatives were not just angry but believed in accountability.

FTFY.

Many fiscal conservatives do believe in accountability, there's just not a lot of them in politics.

you're right if you're talking about the dictionary definition of capitalism. i was venting so my definition of capitalism was really a euphemism that meant "profit above ethics". you know, not giving a damn about anything else but profit. yes, i know, it was a generalization but being pissed makes you prone to those sometimes.

so for clarification, "crooked capitalism" and "communism for the rich" is only interested in one thing; getting your cash.

man, i wish i could get a bailout. i guess you gotta damage the global economy to qualify for one of those. :mad:

You describe vulture capitalism perfectly<<<not the capitalism we want but the capitalism we currently are being identified with having. The system that continues to crush us, the little person.

Capitalism as we know it has failed.

Hardly. Today's stumbles are a blip in history. It's not like countries are rushing to prop up an alternative model. Heck, even China is transforming itself into a de facto capitalist country (and in a far more laissez faire manner than most of us westerners would prefer). Even here, government intervention is hardly popular and most governments will be getting out at the earliest moment. It's not like the Obama is dying to hold on to the shares of the auto giants or the banks they've de facto nationalized. So I don't see how your assertion that, 'capitalism as we know it has failed', is true. If anything, once this period of turmoil comes to an end, capitalism will be even more entrenched than any of its rival economic systems. Last I checked, most countries around the world aren't rushing to emulate Cuba.

Back