News   Jul 15, 2024
 535     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 700     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 593     0 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

I wouldn't predict that it is the end, but it has not been a good couple of weeks for her campaign.

Yeah, but noticed that O'Leary got off completely by pulling the disappearing act. All you need to know how he'd stand up for Canada when the goings get tough.

AoD

Last edited:
Leitch and O'Leary have both shown their true colours these past few days.

Yes, and Michael Chong impressed - no qualifications, no stealthed attacks on other candidates and went straight to the jugular of the issue. Not going to endear him to a significant portion of the CPC base though (apparently his FB is riddled with abuse).

As to Leitch, someone who sent out message wanting to bring some of the "excitement" from south of the border when Trump got elected suddenly has no comment on how things are going south of the border is kind of pathetic.

AoD

Last edited:
Thank you lefties for signing up for the Conservative Party and increasing our fundraising while wasting ballots on irrelevant candidates like Chong. O'Leary or Leitch will enjoy spending your donations on attack ads against Trudeau.

I found this bit most troubling:

She said she is sticking by her proposal to screen immigrants for Canadian values such as freedom, tolerance, hard work and generosity. “What I’m talking about is simply having face-to-face interviews with trained immigration officers that would apply to everyone,” she said.
Ms. Leitch said her screening test is not geared toward any specific region and isn’t even specifically about security. She said it would apply “whether you’re a white supremacist … or people who think women are pieces of property … or people who believe violence is a legitimate way to get what they want, who don’t share our Canadian values.”

No definition of what, no definition of how, but just a "face to face interview" based on what criteria?

So the question is - would someone like Kouvalis pass the tolerance bit (never mind the generosity part)? I wonder.

AoD

Last edited:
Thank you lefties for signing up for the Conservative Party and increasing our fundraising while wasting ballots on irrelevant candidates like Chong. O'Leary or Leitch will enjoy spending your donations on attack ads against Trudeau.

Lefties?

Yeah, that $15 membership fee (recently reduced) is really going to be lucrative for the party. No political party in this country makes money on membership fees - in fact, they spend the fee several times over on fundraising efforts to get that new member to give more, which presumably is not going to happen in these cases. It's your name, the ability to hit you for donations, and likelihood that their get-out-the-vote operation can get you to the polls on election day, that is valuable to a party. When people are just joining to vote for Chong, the party will actually lose money on these memberships.

And the attack ads worked so well against Trudeau in the past. Great strategy.

This was hung on Kellie Leitch's office overnight in Collingwood.

Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 2.05.28 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 2.05.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 2.05.28 PM.png
    531.6 KB · Views: 218
I'm not sure how the CPC I involved in this.

I think the suspect had Facebook likes to the NDP, PQ and some French feminist organization. Was there any CPC members even mentioned?

I'm not sure how the CPC I involved in this.

I think the suspect had Facebook likes to the NDP, PQ and some French feminist organization. Was there any CPC members even mentioned?

Are you talking about the banner? If so, are you seriously saying you do not understand the connection the creator of the banner is making with Kellie Leitch's rhetoric? I'm not asking if you agree with the banner or not, just asking if you are seriously are wondering what the connection is to a CPC leadership candidate.

And your second sentence makes no sense (Collingwood is a such a péquiste hotbed). Only people that like the NDP on Facebook care about the 6 people killed in Quebec City? (I don't have the NDP liked on Facebook - what does that mean?) What point is served by uninformed speculation like that?

Back