News   May 03, 2024
 534     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 336     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 191     0 

What Toronto street is this?

Three of my favourite Toronto apartment buildings are on ______ street. Photo taken by me on 28 April 2008 (can't wait 'til spring again....:))

Are these rental buildings on the right?

Those are the City Park Co-ops, waiting list - 2 to 5 years just to get a bachelor. In spring, summer & fall the gardens around these buildings are amazing, "The Garden District" designation was in part, initiated by a group of residents here.

Three of my favourite Toronto apartment buildings are on ______ street. Photo taken by me on 28 April 2008 (can't wait 'til spring again....:))

Are these rental buildings on the right?

DSC02733.jpg

Heh urb - if I had known you were going to photograph my building, I would have waved to you from my balcony! City Park is a great place to live. I waited 5 years to get in but it was worth the wait.

Indeed. I love the way the apartment buildings on the right have red brick facades up the balcony sides--makes it seem like you live in a bungalow in a way....

Once again, 28 April found me exploring many parts of early spring 2008 Toronto. Where am I standing to take this photograph?

DSC02801.jpg

That's either Tacoma ave or Ottawa st.

Nope - that's the top of Sackville Street, seen from Wellesley. I'd love a Cabbagetown address...

just imagine how much more love you'd have if there was a house attached to that address. ;)

urbandreamer: post some moar!

Interesting. What is the average 1 bedroom rent like there?

I'm in a very large bachelor unit which rents for about $700. Best deal in town. I think a large 1 bedroom is somewhere around $1,000 give or take. For those with reduced incomes, Rent Geared to Income is available (about 25% of monthly income).

Interesting. That's a good deal. But co-ops--do they check your history, etc to see if you're a "good" person? Can the co-op reject people? What's the average person like there--aka, background, job, etc?

Yes, indeed that's the top of Sackville St--the area, including Wellesley Cottages, is very funky. I think we'd all love to live in that nabe.:)

Here's something more mainstream, I took this one in late April 2008 as well.

DSC02906.jpg

ps, I really wanted to post this photo because I love the 1956 car.

Prometheus The Supremo: I shall. (I've got 100,000's of photos now.:D)

Last edited:
Yeah, just south of Bloor, looking towards the Starbuck's where Dundas curves east and Roncevalles village begins. It's a grim stretch of Toronto--but a few art galleries and cafes are moving in making it feel a bit better.

Again, end of April 2008 (can't wait 'til spring again!:)), here's another street:

DSC02589.jpg

Indeed it is. I recently discovered this area of Toronto--I'd live up here if I wanted to be secluded from "urban toronto.":)

Here's where it all begins--if you're into skiing or nature trails, it's a perfect place to hang out (Earle Bales Park.)

@Sheppard and Don River Blvd (take a left under the Sheppard bridge and you'll discover a small enclave of homes.)

DSC01756.jpg

Back in the day I used to drive down there to make out with my girlfriend. That's until the cops drove up once to see what was going on.

I'll take a jab in the dark and say that's one of the slabs of High Park.

Street? High Park? Pacific? Oakmount? or Glenlake? I used to live in the area over a decade ago.

Yeah, just south of Bloor, looking towards the Starbuck's where Dundas curves east and Roncevalles village begins. It's a grim stretch of Toronto--but a few art galleries and cafes are moving in making it feel a bit better.

i have to be honest, i cheated on that one. :D i saw the sign "amis coins & stamps" and i looked up the address.

I'll wager a guess of Pacific--though I could be wrong.

Re the Dundas/Roncy photo: it's almost like the car was a vestige of the Hairspray film shoot...

Back