News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 441     0 

What Toronto street is this?

Yeah, I dream of the day when Yonge from Loblaws to the 401 (and beyond) is narrowed with a streetwall of 10 story red brick aA-designed midrises, retail at base.

Next:

dsc01342tcc.jpg

Sheppard Ave W and Goddard St looking west.

I'm thinking Portrait Condos, but I think that project is more east of the intersection.

Wallace Avenue as seen from the pedestrian bridge? (The water tower's the giveaway)

It's gotta be Creditview because I took this photo right after those new hotels around Miss Rd & 401.

I spent part of a beautiful Friday afternoon (yesterday) walking along one of my old school favourite streets _____@______:

dsc00754eau.jpg

This is Brunswick Ave @ Sussex Ave.

Indeed it is. Perhaps someday I'll become a famous English-Canadian writer, since someone once said to be famous as a novelist in Canada, you've got to have lived on Brunswick Av at some point in your life. (Well I sure did, 2 different locations, and I regret moving.)

Anyhow, Wednesday night I cycled through a vast assortment of Toronto neighbourhoods, all with tons of charm. I ended up somewhere close to here:

dsc00168hgl.jpg

Is that Glenarden (or Old Park?) looking down to Eglinton? The shul on the right (a textbook example of 90s PoMo, and that's not a knock at all) is the giveaway...

Back