News   Jul 30, 2024
 867     3 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 500     0 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 612     1 

What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

Just saw 300, primarily since its reviews were so bad, its sales so good and the Iranian demands that it be boycotted. Not a bad film for what it was, but had a giggle at parts that were a little over the top.

Bad reviews? The tomato meter has it at 61% positive, 2nd best of the past week's top 10.

300, if taken as a serious movie, is terrible. But, I think it clearly was meant to be more fun than serious, with the highly fantastical imagery and depictions... everything as hyperbole.

As the latter, I think it succeeds nicely.

IMAX can make any bad movie good. It worked wonders on Poseidon.

I liked the movie 300. Iranian critics must also remember that the Persian army under Xerses (sp?) consisted of dozens of different peoples, including Indians, Arabs, the ancestors of the Cossaks, Tartars, plus Persians. Thus, there's a whole world that should be offended LOL...

"Grindhouse" is a scream. One of the two films (no spoiler, so I won't say which one) is the most fun I've had at the movies in years.

The Lives of Others is outstanding. That and Pan's Labyrinth are two of the best films I've seen in the last few years.

Went to see Grind House...

LOVE Planet Terror
LOVE the fake trailers, best part of the 3hr+ movie
HATE Death Proof

Back