News   Jul 30, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 669     0 

What are you drinking right now?

maple syrup

It's early I know, but I'm celebrating my new career move right now with an Abbot Ale.

(Whenever I go up to Lake Huron area, I always annoy the Torontonians with my stash of Neustadt fave 10W30 ale--so good to drink on the shores of Lake Huron while the 416/905 snobs drink their Pabst rubbish.)

Last edited:
Ah crap!, I have to go mostly dry for a while - nasty bout of gout this week :p Bad it is causing me to forcefully flex a toe that never healed properly after being broken (missing joint)....

And I have had two bottles of scotch smuggled in for me :p

8231620343_f5e461e8ce_z.jpg

Spitfire Kentish Ale (in the special Movember bottle - these were 10 for gbp8/C$12). Room temperature, not chilled. A bit hoppy.

New Grist - a lovely, slightly sweet gluten-free beer. I prefer it to normal (wheat) beer!

(Okay, I'm not drinking it right now since I'm at school but it's my drink of choice!)

Sadly, I am drinking water (yeah, I'm at work), but I am in this thread for a very selfish reason: I couldn't find any pub recommendation thread on urbancanada! Which is, I might add, kind of scandalous! :D

So, I wanted to check out some new pubs with my buds (pun intended) and one colleague linked me this article http://jamiesarner.com/toronto-life/2013/02/best-beer-pubs-in-toronto/ about some pubs, but I am a bit suspicious that the owners of these "best choices" just paid the author to get promoted. So I am here my fellow Torontians to ask you this obvious question: Do you have any experience with any of these pubs? Good or bad? I know that usually there are various threads on the net dedicated to restaurants and fast foods, but why not about drinking experiences in pubs and taverns? Isn't that important too? :)

Back