News   May 31, 2024
 101     0 
News   May 30, 2024
 2.3K     1 
News   May 30, 2024
 1.6K     2 

Westside Gallery Lofts (Urbancorp) - Real Estate -

Your unit looks great, dmose. Did you install the island yourself? I love the woodblock counter top.

Did you get an electrician in to do your lighting? I'm looking for a recommendation for an electrician and a general contractor, if anyone has contacts...

As promised...pictures of the polished / epoxy floor

My best friend is a contractor did them for me..cost me about 2.5k for the entire unit (minus bathroom) ..670 sq foot unit

Hi dmose -

Would you mind sending me the name/contact of your contractor friend - I have the same unit as you and actually have made a similar island thing to yours. I was going to get engineered hardwood, but after living with concrete for a month I actually really love it - just want to clean it up a bit like you have with yours - it looks really good!

Hi dmose -

Would you mind sending me the name/contact of your contractor friend - I have the same unit as you and actually have made a similar island thing to yours. I was going to get engineered hardwood, but after living with concrete for a month I actually really love it - just want to clean it up a bit like you have with yours - it looks really good!

michael at grainandfacet.com
647 // 885 // 8080

Thinking about buying a unit in the building.... I really like the location... Really liking the additions you all are posting!

Your unit looks great, dmose. Did you install the island yourself? I love the woodblock counter top.

Did you get an electrician in to do your lighting? I'm looking for a recommendation for an electrician and a general contractor, if anyone has contacts...

No I had my friend do everything... I'm not living there and don't have the time right now to do the rennos myself. I posted his contact info in this thread..give him a shout if you need work done, but he likes to only handle 2k+ jobs, dont waste his time if you just need a light installed. He's a pro though and you will be happy with whatever he does.

Hi dmose -

I was looking into making an island like the above.. where did you get the materials?

Looks like it. I have the same ones. Mine were also installed with uneven lengths (look at his picture carefully). Took some time to get them straight but they are great bang for the buck.

I got the same ones and also struggled to get them level. Took me two days of playing around with them before I finally gave up and re-wired the whole thing in order to level it. It was impossible to install after I had raised the lights because of the extra wiring that had to be pulled and rolled up into the unit. The finished product looks great though! Definitely worth the trouble!

I was looking into making an island like the above.. where did you get the materials?

I made my island with ikea pieces and some imagination - my final product seats 5 very comfortably and 6 in a pinch.

All u need is -

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/90049200

ditch the counter top that comes with that and attach one of these

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/60057852

attach two of these to the far outer corners (i didn't want to affix mine to the floor so I did this so it doesn't tip)

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/84609085

I also distressed the wood legs on the base so they wen't that bright ugly ikea wood and covered the side panels with steel.

Boom. Instant island that you can move with you for roughly $1000.

It added a ton of storage to my kitchen.

nope not registered yet. Won't be till late summer /early fall.

Anyone looking to sell send me a message.

Anyone interested to sell their parking spot. I am interested to buy one since I will need to get a car for work. Appreciate your reply.

Back