News   Jun 28, 2024
 3.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 617     1 

Westside Gallery Lofts (Urbancorp) - Real Estate -

~900ft 2+1 Bed, 2 Bath Corner Suite with ~450ft Terrace!

Hey guys, thought I would let UT know about a really special assignment I have available. Suite 903 is the North/East corner and this is the only plan of it's kind with this special terrace.

Photos to come, but if you would like more info just message us!

Offered in the high $400s.

Any news on a closing date? I need to lock in a mortgage rate this week and there is a .10 difference between a 3 month and a 6 month hold, and I can only select one.

~900ft 2+1 Bed, 2 Bath Corner Suite with ~450ft Terrace!

Hey guys, thought I would let UT know about a really special assignment I have available. Suite 903 is the North/East corner and this is the only plan of it's kind with this special terrace.

Photos to come, but if you would like more info just message us!

Offered in the high $400s.

Here are all the photos: http://www.gracehomes.com/14a_read.php?ltl=1222956

Urbancorp is a total mess, I shall never invest in such an irresponsible builder again. For all purchasers such as I awaiting registration and final closing, we have to first find out why this building is being delayed. I phoned Urbancorp in November 2011 inquiring on the status of the building, they said "soon" maybe early January. I phoned them again today and all I got was "we've submitted all our documents to the City, just waiting their approval". They may as well voice recorded that response because that's all we're gonna get in terms of information.

So I took it a step further and contacted the City of Toronto's Planning department. Being quite a large department, I'm having a difficult time locating the City inspector who oversees and approves the site. It's been narrowed down to one name with high hopes of obtaining the reason for the long delay. I'm sure Urbancorp is sitting on their asses doing absolutely nothing because they have another five projects in the works. I'm seriously tired of occupancy fees, as purchasers and future owners, we have to do something if anything and sock em in the nuts to get this building registered.

I feel sorry for the owners on the lower floors, I'm sure they're pushing 2 years now.

Also waiting...

So I took it a step further and contacted the City of Toronto's Planning department. Being quite a large department, I'm having a difficult time locating the City inspector who oversees and approves the site. It's been narrowed down to one name with high hopes of obtaining the reason for the long delay. I'm sure Urbancorp is sitting on their asses doing absolutely nothing because they have another five projects in the works. I'm seriously tired of occupancy fees, as purchasers and future owners, we have to do something if anything and sock em in the nuts to get this building registered.

Can you please update when you find out anything? I'm waiting too... It's becoming quite absurd. I've had other condos and it never took this long.
Thanks!

Occupancy fee's are hurting a lot of people and they just want out. Do you know how hard it is to sell on assignment. This building needs to be registered ASAP. Otherwise people are going to lose money and this building will be majority renters. Fix the elevators for fuck sakes.

Yes it's annoying, but calm down. No one is going to lose money. Selling prices are pretty strong. From what I understand the builder intentionally delayed submitting the registration papers so they could sell out their existing projects first. This is a dirty move. Most condos register in 3-6 months. Very very very few go beyond 1 year. This building will likley set the record for longest occupancy period ever in Toronto.

The bright side is that if the building registers around June the market will be hot with buyers so it should keep prices strong. This building is going to be extremely hot with young professionals. (25-35)

That would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath. I've heard way to many closing dates to count. Who's your source?

I need to go out and get another interest rate hold. I bought on assignment so finding banks that will do this type of deal at the new purchase price and not the original isn't that easy.

Can you please update when you find out anything? I'm waiting too... It's becoming quite absurd. I've had other condos and it never took this long.
Thanks!

Apom is right, the market is strong and the summer will be hot for selling....that is if the building registers by then. I spoke to the City inspector myself over the phone and she said the draft approvals have been written up and they will be doing a site visit to ensure the builder has executed the original plans (this was maybe a couple weeks ago). At this rate if all goes well, early or mid April the building should be registered. Fingers crossed.

If anyone wishes to contact her and confirm my information, the lady's name is Joanne Kimont: 416.392.7216 (I'm sure she'll be thrilled that i posted her information for everyone)

Apom is right, the market is strong and the summer will be hot for selling....that is if the building registers by then. I spoke to the City inspector myself over the phone and she said the draft approvals have been written up and they will be doing a site visit to ensure the builder has executed the original plans (this was maybe a couple weeks ago). At this rate if all goes well, early or mid April the building should be registered. Fingers crossed.

If anyone wishes to contact her and confirm my information, the lady's name is Joanne Kimont: 416.392.7216 (I'm sure she'll be thrilled that i posted her information for everyone)

Thanks for the update!

I called a couple weeks back. They said they were hopeful for end of April.. I guess that's this week.

Apom is right, the market is strong and the summer will be hot for selling....

wow, sounds like lots of flippers in this building ...
probably no more than usual but many seem to be wanting to get out ASAP !
i wonder if it's throughout the city or specifically to this building as this developer doesn't have the greatest track record.

Last edited:

Back