News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

West Don Lands

Because...

Now why isn't this area being used for a garbage dump rather than Moss Park?

... they're working here, and they're not at Moss Park.

The tons of earth moving seems to have finished. They've had crawlers tamping the earth down for a week or two now. I'll be interested to see what the next step will involve.

... they're working here, and they're not at Moss Park.

The tons of earth moving seems to have finished. They've had crawlers tamping the earth down for a week or two now. I'll be interested to see what the next step will involve.

Probably because it is under constant construction, and god knows this development is going slow enough already! Also there's no proper access for private vehicles, the whole area is walled off with massive hoardings and the only entrances are for construction machinery. The temp dumps need to have proper vehicle access, parking, places for people to line up, etc. Imagine the lawsuits if they let the public into a construction site and someone got hurt/killed.

Also, the dump sites are supposed to be areas with the least chance of contaminating land, though in many cases the choices they've made have been poor. And simply dumping on once heavily polluted land doesn't seem a good option either.

But dumping on a place where people play soccer, basketball and baseball is OK?

Its public space, and there are other places to play soccer, basketball and baseball. Its not the best solution, but it is better than forcing a construction site to shut down.

This rendering irritates me. The whole street zig-zags just to make room for some parking spots.

Don't get your knickers in a twist, it's just a rendering. And, for what it's worth, the bending in this location looks like turning lanes to me. There WILL certainly be some 'bending" as the road has to be fitted between the old Distillery District buildings on the west side of Cherry south of Mill Street and the former school and railway police buildings on the west side of Cherry, north and south of Front.

Big billboard arrives for Rivercity

A 20' blowup of the render from the website has appeared at King & St. Lawrence. Gives hope this 'sales office' might actually open in the 'fall.'

Technically, fall is not with us yet, but I'm hoping they don't wait until December 20th, either.

A 20' blowup of the render from the website has appeared at King & St. Lawrence. Gives hope this 'sales office' might actually open in the 'fall.'

Technically, fall is not with us yet, but I'm hoping they don't wait until December 20th, either.

Your wish appears to be being realised!

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Ready for Issuance

TORONTO ON M5A 1H7

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 09 174242 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Sep 30, 2009

Project: Office Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations for structural remedial work. River City Sales Office.

I much preferred the older St. Lawrence-style renderings rather than these new Cityplacesque ones. My how we have regressed in the art of urban design.

I much preferred the older St. Lawrence-style renderings rather than these new Cityplacesque ones. My how we have regressed in the art of urban design.

The development will have a mix of hi, mid and low rise--the first stage, River City, just happens to be the former.

If you have seen the new TCHC buildings in Regent Park, they are actually fasr nicer than Cityplace both inside and out.

Yeah, I've seen them. I guess I'll have to wait and see. The mid-rise brick-oriented stuff in St. Lawrence is a lot less cold and sterile than the glass and concrete that seems to be creeping into the recent renderings.

Back