Waterways (Conservatory Group) - Real Estate -

New to the neighbourhood. Wife and I bought a unit at Nautilus overlooking the water...but we bought it during the hiatus of construction at this site. Our broker informed us this won't be likely more than 17 stories. Our fault for not double-checking, but it seems like we're going to get really friendly with some neighbours overlooking our balcony 😂. Hope it doesn't cast a massive shadow and block some of our views...had no idea this would be 56 stories...
This condo is going to be 56 stories high. The latest hotlist shows that units are now offered at around $1350-$1400 per sf.

Here is the document i received a few weeks ago from the builder.

Attachments

• Waters Edge July 8th Pricing.pdf
    302.5 KB · Views: 345
This condo is going to be 56 stories high. The latest hotlist shows that units are now offered at around $1350-$1400 per sf.
I didn't believe it at first, so I checked their prices. Yup, they are asking for that much. Just an example, they're asking for around $835K for this lovely "2"-bedroom:
Screenshot_20201111-173029.png

How they managed to call this 640 sq.ft. space a 2-bedroom is beyond me.

Last spring a 507sqft condo was selling for a cool 556k..so it looks like someone made close to a 100k if they are charging $1300 sqft now. The question is will the value hold? There is a mass exodus from the downtown core due to Covid. This area may survive the meltdown.

This discussion is probably better suited for the real estate thread, but I still wanted to share my 2 cents. I'm not sure if things took a drastic turn in the last 2 months, but HBS area has been red-hot as of the end of August - beginning of September. I know a person who was looking to buy an apartment in the area. They had their realtor flag Eau du Soeil, Westlake and Key West. They were frustrated that almost every apartment that came onto the market was immediately sold, before they even had a chance to see the apartment. In one case, a unit was sold within 2 hours of coming onto the market. The point being, either this area is not as affected by the latest real estate trends as downtown, or the trends haven't yet hit this area 2 month ago.

I'm still surprised by Conservatory charging $1300+ /sqft for this tower. HBS prices have been hovering around $1K/sqft for a while now. Westlake listings are just under that, Eau du Soleil just above that mark. My acquaintance finally ended up buying a unit at the Voyager for just under $900/sqft. I doubt Conservatory has anything to offer that would be a head above the rest of the buildings here. So I have no clue how they get away with charging that much.

This discussion is probably better suited for the real estate thread, but I still wanted to share my 2 cents. I'm not sure if things took a drastic turn in the last 2 months, but HBS area has been red-hot as of the end of August - beginning of September. I know a person who was looking to buy an apartment in the area. They had their realtor flag Eau du Soeil, Westlake and Key West. They were frustrated that almost every apartment that came onto the market was immediately sold, before they even had a chance to see the apartment. In one case, a unit was sold within 2 hours of coming onto the market. The point being, either this area is not as affected by the latest real estate trends as downtown, or the trends haven't yet hit this area 2 month ago.

I'm still surprised by Conservatory charging $1300+ /sqft for this tower. HBS prices have been hovering around $1K/sqft for a while now. Westlake listings are just under that, Eau du Soleil just above that mark. My acquaintance finally ended up buying a unit at the Voyager for just under $900/sqft. I doubt Conservatory has anything to offer that would be a head above the rest of the buildings here. So I have no clue how they get away with charging that much.

This could be the reason they are charging $1300. One of my friends is a realtor and he told me the uptown condo market is also hot. It's just the downtown core where the market is down, at least for now.

Hey guys i wanted to ask your opinion.
They are selling one bed penthouse 466 sqft right now for 725k….I wonder if this is worth the price. What you all say. Also, do you have any info on how much are the upgrades worth in penthouse as compared to the normal unit .. ??

They are selling one bed penthouse 466 sqft right now for 725k….I wonder if this is worth the price. What you all say. Also, do you have any info on how much are the upgrades worth in penthouse as compared to the normal unit .. ??
Probably best for a knowledgeable real estate agent to comment on what is good value in the current market. 1555$ per sq ft is on the pricer side... No idea about the upgrades and how they differ from a regular unit...

Probably best for a knowledgeable real estate agent to comment on what is good value in the current market. 1555$ per sq ft is on the pricer side... No idea about the upgrades and how they differ from a regular unit...

Pre-cons across the city as a whole average about 1230 psf at the moment. Resale units are about 1300.

In summer 2020, HBS units were going for 1100-1200 psf. Given that downtown units have recovered their COVID losses, I imagine HBS and surrounding area are 1200-1300 psf currently. 1500+ is definitely on the pricier side (for now)...

I purchased a unit to be located at 38 annie craig
In 2017. We are into 2022, does anyone know the status of the construction ? Please advise, thanks in advance.

I purchased a unit to be located at 38 annie craig
In 2017. We are into 2022, does anyone know the status of the construction ? Please advise, thanks in advance.
I think it’ll be delayed into 2023 cuz it seems they just finished the foundation. Not sure what the cutoff time is for them to notify us through Tarion rules

Would be great if anyone can share some newer pictures.

I called the office they did say the occupancy will likely be extended. So this project is owned by the conservatory group and if you google them , apparently the founder of the business is winding up and the business is to be sold ! Something along the line. I’m hoping this wouldn’t affect the units that are going to be built.

Back