Waterways (Conservatory Group) - Real Estate -

Hey Everyone, I am considering purchasing a 1BR unit in this project and was curious why there are still so many units remaining? Also I went by the site yesterday, and they haven't even begun excavating. If anyone has any info that would be awesome! Thanks :)

Hey Everyone, I am considering purchasing a 1BR unit in this project and was curious why there are still so many units remaining? Also I went by the site yesterday, and they haven't even begun excavating. If anyone has any info that would be awesome! Thanks :)

One of the slowest builders to build in the GTA. Expect this to wrap up construction end of 2023

One of the slowest builders to build in the GTA. Expect this to wrap up construction end of 2023
Thanks for the reply! I don't mind slow so long as the quality is good. Does The Conservatory Group create high quality units? The online reviews were really bad...

Guys is this a good part of Etobicoke?

Worth picking up a few small units as an investment?

466 sqft PH 1 bed is going for $664k... seems steep.

It is a good site in a neighbourhood with lots of density already with great access to waterfront and public parks, and further intensification and mixed-use investment coming nearby to the Kraft site across the street (Link to UT page for the mega-project).

Transit to the downtown core could be better but there are improvements with a commuter rail (GO network) station planned in the above-mentioned mega-project. The benefit of this area of Etobicoke though is that it is attractive for lots of would-be renters who might have one spouse working downtown, and the other in a business park in Mississauga or north Etobicoke, but still desire something approximating downtown living.

That being said, 664k does sound very expensive for 466 sqft 1bed, I'm sure you could get comparable prices for something of that size closer to the downtown core. Further, I consider Conservatory Group as one of the developers which don't put a lot of value-add to their projects, so I am not super confident that the unit would warrant the high price.

Guys, help me out here. Should I get a unit? It will be purely an investment. I just feel like it’s overpriced... especially the non-lake view units.

The 2 beds with lake views go for low 800s. Seems quite pricey compared to current resales. Then again, I thought they were pricey last year as well haha
Yeah my thoughts exactly... not sure about resale values in 2 years. Idk, tough one.

New to the neighbourhood. Wife and I bought a unit at Nautilus overlooking the water...but we bought it during the hiatus of construction at this site. Our broker informed us this won't be likely more than 17 stories. Our fault for not double-checking, but it seems like we're going to get really friendly with some neighbours overlooking our balcony 😂. Hope it doesn't cast a massive shadow and block some of our views...had no idea this would be 56 stories...

... Our broker informed us this won't be likely more than 17 stories.

Your SalesPerson and Broker have fiduciary duties toward you if you signed a buyers agreement; that is the sole reason to hire a buyer representation (to provide topical knowledge you don't have). If they provided you with information they could have known to be false (and a 50 floor building has been proposed here for nearly 12 years) then you should, at a minimum, file a complaint. If you have sufficient detail of the discussion, you may sue your buyer representation for compensation on your purchase (whatever the view and privacy is worth).

The mandatory classes (via OREA) go over successful lawsuits against brokerages for this type of thing: unknowingly providing false platitudes to a client to encourage the client to close is a pretty big no-no. Said another way, if a typical Real Estate SalesPerson could have found the correct answer, then there was no reason for them to give you a generalization instead of taking 10 minutes to research the correct answer for you -- that is what you paid (indirectly) them for.

Consider having a chat with your real-estate lawyer and deleting your message above.

Last edited:

Back