Waterscapes at Waterview Condos (Monarch Group) - Real Estate -

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but here it goes: I wish to pick your brains on how to arrange furniture in this floor plan. It's madness! I do not own the unit. I only saw it in Monarch's inventory.

Also, the available unit is on the 2nd floor, above the big retail space. If it's a Sobey's or another resto like Eden Trattoria, what are the cons of living above it?

I appreciate any comments you can share. TIA =)

bc878cc7-7325-4ebc-b3f0-c537d9a7552d_floorPlan.jpg

Attachments

• bc878cc7-7325-4ebc-b3f0-c537d9a7552d_floorPlan.jpg
    bc878cc7-7325-4ebc-b3f0-c537d9a7552d_floorPlan.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 666
With a view like that, who cares about the furniture :p

There won't be a Sobeys or restaurant.

If you'd want to mount your television, clearly the living area can be made close to the wall off the den/second bedroom. The dining area can then be aside of that, close to the windows. The den can easily be turned into a third bedroom, by simply having the closet doors on its side.

Thanks Josef. I've been digging the threads for possible occupants of the retail space below that corner unit but no luck. Have you heard anything? I'm wondering about how intrusive the noise would be with a retail establishment below.

Even though I cannot afford it, it's making me dream about owning a prime unit like this :)

None of us can afford our suites. We rely on the banks ;)

Regarding noise issues, I highly doubt you will hear anything if the windows and sliders are closed.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but here it goes: I wish to pick your brains on how to arrange furniture in this floor plan. It's madness! I do not own the unit. I only saw it in Monarch's inventory.

Forgive me for using the "Paint" program but it's all I got. lol
The red rectangle would be a sofa with the TV mounted on the wall in front. The black square could be a chair. The circle next to the island could be your dining set with four chairs. Add a couple stools at the breakfast bar, a desk and chair in the den and you're all set. :cool:

Attachments

• floorplan.jpg
    floorplan.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 502
@UserID thank you! The visual aid helps.

@Josef, when you said
The den can easily be turned into a third bedroom, by simply having the closet doors on its side.
did you mean asking the builder to add a closet?

Actually, the best thing to do to incorporate an official third bedroom is to simply divide the second bedroom closet in half.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noticed there's a "Waterscape" condo being built in Cambridge:rolleyes:

heard they have 5 units left in the building. 1 in the tower and 4 in the podium. rumours of an Oliver and Bonniccini as the main level restaurant. stay tuned eh.

Last edited:
heard they have 5 units left in the building. 1 in the tower and 4 in the podium. rumours of an Oliver and Bonniccini as the main level restaurant. stay tuned eh.

Wow!... that would draw a crowd! Sunday brunch would be awesome!

[still dreaming of a lake-facing podium unit :)]

Congrats! They are moving right along with this one...so no reason to think that it will be delayed (much). You certainly don't need to fight traffic and head north to the cottage when living here. It's very peaceful and relaxing (minus construction noise during the week...but that's everywhere in TO!!!). I come to the parks here often in the summer.

Got my Final Tentative Occupancy Date for Waterscapes for the May long weekend in 2014. Well at least I will get to enjoy the summer by the lake :)

I thought you didn't end up buying at Waterscapes. Maybe I'm mistaking you for someone else. I got the letter as well and for the same weekend :)
My friend's date is the beginning of May. We have to keep in mind that its tentative and not confirmed yet, but things are definitely starting to look good.

Back