News   Apr 24, 2024
 619     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 829     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 547     0 

Waterfront: WDL Stormwater Treatment Plant (1s?, gh3/RV Anderson, WT)

From today.
They've also completely cleared the land across the street. But that seems to be outside the boundaries of the project outlined above. There is apparently some heavy lifting to be done.

likely in advance of the Gardiner construction.

That was a lot of trees to lose too - most of that area was well forested. I'll have to bike by and take a look once the weather improves a bit.

Thanks for posting the pictures. I was wondering what that was for. So will this serve as the staging area for Gardiner East construction and for the treatment plant?

That was a lot of trees to lose too - most of that area was well forested. I'll have to bike by and take a look once the weather improves a bit.
I thought this was the area for the new Go-train storage tracks that they were part of the eastyard expansion?

I thought this was the area for the new Go-train storage tracks that they were part of the eastyard expansion?
I believe that's strictly north of the new Gardiner. This is under or south of the new Gardiner alignment isn't it?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pictures. I was wondering what that was for. So will this serve as the staging area for Gardiner East construction and for the treatment plant?
My guess is it's staging for the Gardiner rebuild from Jarvis to Cherry that is starting in the spring - and then will shift to be used for the actual realignment construction. The big cranes are probably for moving the new deck girders.

I think the loss of real trees is VERY minimal, there were shrubs and a few rather unhealthy trees but really nothing worth loosing sleep over.

Looks like a very large clearcut. Unfortunate. Provided lots of habitat for migratory homeless people. Kidding aside, that is a mammoth clearcut, we'll be seeing similar in the area too with the widening of the rail corridor. These are longstanding woods and are nice to have, rich dark emerald in a sea of concrete and asphalt. I guess comes with the territory of rejigging an entire expressway, but still sad to see.

I think the loss of real trees is VERY minimal, there were shrubs and a few rather unhealthy trees but really nothing worth loosing sleep over.
You're right - and I knew the clearcut was coming with the plans for the area. It'll be interesting to see how different the bike trail feels now, it was fairly nicely wooded through there previously. But yea - with crappy trees.

I adore it. It is so darn refreshing to see boring infrastructure treated with some actually considered design. It’s downright Scandinavian in sensibility.

Back