News   Jul 11, 2024
 464     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 576     1 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 722     0 

Waterfront Transit Reset Phase 1 Study

How should Toronto connect the East and West arms of the planned waterfront transit with downtown?

• Expand the existing Union loop

Votes: 203 72.5%
  • Build a Western terminus

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Route service along Queen's Quay with pedestrian/cycle/bus connection to Union

Votes: 30 10.7%
  • Connect using existing Queen's Quay/Union Loop and via King Street

Votes: 20 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 16 5.7%

• Total voters
From Link:
On track. A RFP for the Union to Queens Quay connection was issued and a consultant (Arup) was selected for the work. Waterfront Toronto will continue to be involved throughout this phase, working with TTC, the City of Toronto and the consultant to produce a final report and recommendation for a preferred solution to connect Union Station to Queens Quay.Waterfront Toronto is also advancing a Public Realm corridor wide vision for Lakeshore Boulevard East from Jarvis St. to Logan Ave. Survey, SUE as well as 60% design on the south side boulevard between Jarvis to Cherry Street has been completed.

Sometime between April-June, a public meeting will take place on what will happen for the Union-Queens Quay connection

Lol, more meetings. Where's that meme of the skeleton on the bench when I need it?

Busy doing something else...

910a5c9b1575ae3b9925b1a872f2e3c2--funny-couples-old-couples.jpg

From link.

I swear if this boneheaded moving escalator idea goes through, Toronto will officially become the most decrepit "world class" city in the world for transit.

Remember, Chicago is allowing Elon Musk to build a car subway to O'Hare while literally paralleling the blue line, NYC just cancelled their L train shut down (So that's where Andy Byford's hair goes) in favor for one of the dumbest ill thought out plans I have ever seen, Boston is spending 4 billion dollars on a surface LRT extension, San Francisco is building a 2.25 billion dollar LRT subway that is 2 miles long, LA is playing around with "Sexy buses", Philadelphia still hasn't rehabilitated the Broad Street Subway line and won't turn their electrified regional rail lines into an RER network...I'm not going to lie, the moving walkway idea needs to die, but much worse is going on in plenty of other cities.

Remember, Chicago is allowing Elon Musk to build a car subway to O'Hare while literally paralleling the blue line, NYC just cancelled their L train shut down (So that's where Andy Byford's hair goes) in favor for one of the dumbest ill thought out plans I have ever seen, Boston is spending 4 billion dollars on a surface LRT extension, San Francisco is building a 2.25 billion dollar LRT subway that is 2 miles long, LA is playing around with "Sexy buses", Philadelphia still hasn't rehabilitated the Broad Street Subway line and won't turn their electrified regional rail lines into an RER network...I'm not going to lie, the moving walkway idea needs to die, but much worse is going on in plenty of other cities.
You mean, like, SSE and SmartTrack? Oh wait, we’re amalgamated now...

You mean, like, SSE and SmartTrack? Oh wait, we’re amalgamated now...

Both of those aren't nearly as bad as some other projects across the US (SSE cost per km is still lower than those I mentioned, Smarttrack is just the addition of a few extra RER stations at this point)

Now that I think about it, if we're going to include smaller f*** ups: Loss of the freight bypass, still no relief line, Line 4 being turned into a stub, the cancelling of the Eglinton subway, the fact that the crosstown is being built the way it is, still no HWY 407 transit way, the Union Pearson Express fare fiasco, the PRESTO shitstorm, TYSSE/ATC rollout, Bombardier streetcar fiasco, Bombardier LRT fiasco, Metrolinx/Alstom LRT fiasco, KSP not being replicated, the whole Union Station fiasco, the likely loss of RER along the Kitchener line, the whole HYDRAIL BS, Bloor Yonge as a whole, St George somehow not getting any improvements whatsoever...for any large city, we're not about to become the "most decrepit "world class" city in the world for transit"...we already are.

Both of those aren't nearly as bad as some other projects across the US (SSE cost per km is still lower than those I mentioned, Smarttrack is just the addition of a few extra RER stations at this point)

Now that I think about it, if we're going to include smaller f*** ups: Loss of the freight bypass, still no relief line, Line 4 being turned into a stub, the cancelling of the Eglinton subway, the fact that the crosstown is being built the way it is, still no HWY 407 transit way, the Union Pearson Express fare fiasco, the PRESTO shitstorm, TYSSE/ATC rollout, Bombardier streetcar fiasco, Bombardier LRT fiasco, Metrolinx/Alstom LRT fiasco, KSP not being replicated, the whole Union Station fiasco, the likely loss of RER along the Kitchener line, the whole HYDRAIL BS, Bloor Yonge as a whole, St George somehow not getting any improvements whatsoever...for any large city, we're not about to become the "most decrepit "world class" city in the world for transit"...we already are.

Half of what you mentioned was caused by Mike Harris...

Half of what you mentioned was caused by Mike Harris...
I didn't add up the totals.

Loss of the freight bypass, Lib / PC
still no relief line, Mostly Lib, some PC
Line 4 being turned into a stub, Mostly PC, Some Lib /City
the cancelling of the Eglinton subway, PC
the fact that the crosstown is being built the way it is, City / Lib
still no HWY 407 transit way, the Union Pearson Express fare fiasco, PC and Lib
the PRESTO shitstorm, All Lib
TYSSE/ATC rollout, City
Bombardier streetcar fiasco, City
Bombardier LRT fiasco, Lib
Metrolinx/Alstom LRT fiasco, Lib