News   Oct 04, 2024
 2.2K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 4.1K     5 

Video question for UT's techies...

Because I wanted the whole package and was tired of putting together bits and pieces, repairing little problems here and there and the like. Some people enjoy spending time shuffling the bits of software/hardware and so on, and that is their choice of course. I use my machine for productivity outside the domain of machine management, so I don't appreciate the time it takes to have to constantly keep up with all the needs of the device. The stability and integration of the mac appealed to me, and so I bought it. The cost difference was minimal - and I have realized a savings when I think about the amount of time I no longer have to put into maintenance/repair/problem solving issues.

Convert it to a Windows Media Video. You can do that with Movie Maker or Windows Media Encoder free from the Microsoft website.
Or if you just want to convert it with no editing, I suggest to convert it to Divx. You can get the conversion program here: www.divx.com/divx/windows/converter/
OK, so I've tried both DivX and Windows Media Maker, but both tell me the file is an unsupported file type. It is currently a Quick Time file. Any more advice? :\

Well you could buy Quicktime Player Pro and convert with that. Or, you can follow this link: paininthetech.com/convert...i_for_free
It will do the same thing for free, you just have to download the program in the instructions. From there I suggest you convert to Windows media video file. Then your all set to go.

Man, this is never-ending...

So I used that free program and it seemed to work fine. I converted the file to an .AVI

However, upon playing the file I got the following message:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. One or more codecs required to play the file could not be found.

How unusual. One would wonder how you could have converted to that video codec if you don't have it installed to use :)

I've never used that program before but do you have the option anywhere to change the codec being compressed to? Do you know which codec you/it used?

His point is buying a Mac because you want to compress one video is like buying a car on a two-day business trip rather than renting.

Exactly.

I was at a friends place the other day, and him and a few other people spent about 4 hours trying to setup their new Macbook and download songs from my friend's Mac to their Ipod...it was hilarious. All that talk of Macs being user friendly flew out the window.

^When it comes to all of this stuff, there are always exceptions.

Otherwise compared to the days of DOS, we are now living in a dreamworld.

For those of you down on macs, here is something for you:

uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Mac_User

Back