News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.7K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 720     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 

VIA Rail

Will they be able to shorten travel times with the new trains since they accelerate faster?
That's the hope. Unfortunately, I don't know yet what VIA has found in their speed and acceleration tests, although CN is happy enough with the new equipment to have cleared it to operate at "LRC" speeds.

The fact that they won't have to turn trains - and thus will no longer have to worry about scheduling time to wye at places like Québec, Montréal and Windsor - will also allow several of the trainsets to operate an frequency each day.

Dan

In London, headed east along the Guelph Sub:

What time was it and most likely the reason it pass the area I was at waiting for it long after I left??

^^^^ In other words, instead of a few slow trips to China, you have more slow trips to China.
The new fleet protects the Status Quo by replacing 1940/50/70/80s trains with 21st century rolling stock. If you were looking for faster, more frequent and more reliable train services, you will unfortunately have to wait for HFR to be funded, approved and built…

It left London just after 11, following behind VIA 84 which ran about a half hour late today.

- Paul
Thanks

That why I wasted 3 hours trying to get a shot and video of it today. Left Bloor at 1 pm. Was running late to the point that I did not go to Brampton as plan to shot it and then catch a GO train to Union to check a few thinks before I was to be at places.

If it was to leave London at 7:35 am, figure it would be in Brampton between 10:30 to 12 depending on the speed using the line up to there.

Some pictures of the Charger at Brampton GO and Union Station. It arrived at Brampton GO at 2:42 PM
DSC_0021.JPG
DSC_0022.JPG
DSC_0027.JPG
DSC_0026.JPG
DSC_0029.JPG
DSC_0030.JPG
DSC_0032.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0035.JPG
    DSC_0035.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 53
Maybe if they replace the non corridor fleet, they can still run the legacy fleet over the Rockies for tourist's? Nostalgia is something people pay lots of money for.

Maybe if they replace the non corridor fleet, they can still run the legacy fleet over the Rockies for tourist's? Nostalgia is something people pay lots of money for.
Maybe 1 or 2 sets as a seasonal tourist train but certainly the majority need to be replaced soon as they are way past their shelf life

when is the next trainset scheduled to arrive?

Is there any reason why this wouldn't work? Aren't all breaking systems standard across North America?;

The HEP voltage is not the same so the MP40 would not be able to provide HEP power to the "dead" train set, unless they have inverters installed for this particular situation.

Back