News   Jun 27, 2024
 376     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 680     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 437     0 

VIA Rail

So create more capacity at those choke points on the condition that VIA will have priority to access them. If that will really solve the problem.

The point of the chart is to show, those choke points are just about everywhere along the length of the line. When you have that many passenger trains passing, each other you need dedicated tracks with no freight in the way.

That's the whole point of HFR - it's simply a question of whether you place those tracks right alongside the existing lines, or let them take their own route.

- Paul

… provided that you can somehow compell CN/CP into accepting government handouts with such strings attached…

.... and are eager to have an ongoing relationship where a great deal of time and effort is spent haggling over who has to pay for what, and how much, and why didn't train x get a clear alley.....

- Paul

North Bay shops cannot service the Siemens fleet. They will not be set up to.

You don't want my suggestion.... If we are talking the Siemens trains,they can work in a push/pull configuration. Have them start and end at Sudbury Junction, or even Capreol. You can get there from downtown through various ways.
I have no idea how anyone watched the TVO doc on White River and thought “solid service to put 125mph locos and intercity railcars on”

I have no idea how anyone watched the TVO doc on White River and thought “solid service to put 125mph locos and intercity railcars on”
It’s certainly far from the most optimal train for the job, but the same reasons that the Northlander, which is very similar to the White River train, will use them could also apply. Granted there are some differences.

The most likely option is for it to use whatever type of cars the Canadian uses. The same also applies to the Skeena and the Churchill trains.

I don’t see VIA using any equipment (other than the current RDCs) that isn’t being used elsewhere on the system.

Some thought that the new Northlander was being serviced in North Bay.
Passenger-wise, nothing gets serviced in North Bay. It's a maintenance shop, they don't do cleaning and flushing.

Passenger equipment gets maintained and serviced in Cochrane, and that won't change with the new equipment And any major work that will need to be done to the new trainsets will be done at the TMC under contract.

Dan

Which still leaves where the HEP and engines will get maintained when they replace the RDCs. And that is where everyone got crazy.For once,I was not really involved.

No.

Again, there is a contract shop in Sudbury that is contracted to deal with all of the light running maintenance for the RDCs. They can easily do the same for any locos and coaches that get stationed there.

Dan
So, then it could work on the "new" train then?

Back