News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 565     0 

Urban Toronto's 4th Annual "Pride Weekend Bender!'

Pride this year sux big time...
boring, nothing to do there...oh wait, that's every year. I don't know why I go there every year...oh well, it's the gay gene in me kicking...

The Sunday parade was the worst ever!!!

- no hot guys
- lack of major sponsors this year, even many politicians were no show....hello jack layton, where were you?
- too many dykes and women...I wanted to see hot fireman on the firetruck, not too women up there! Hello...there's what the Parade's famous for, drag queens and hot shirtless guys...
- too many dykes. I felt like I was watching the Dyke March, extended version on Sunday...
- horrible...

If you want to see hot firemen, set light to yourself at the corner of Gerrard and Carlaw and wait a few seconds.

I think it was perhaps the best organized and programmed PRIDE yet. I haven't seen the parade in years (so I can't comment about that), but in most other respects it's truly becoming a well-lubed machine, albeit one that still delights and excites.

I dunno, the floats seem to have gone downhill--nothing compares to the Riefenstahl-scale wallop M-A-C float of a couple of years ago.

too many dykes and women...I wanted to see hot fireman on the firetruck, not too women up there! Hello...there's what the Parade's famous for, drag queens and hot shirtless guys...
- too many dykes. I felt like I was watching the Dyke March, extended version on Sunday...
- horrible...

Hey, that's how Pride's gone mainstream. It's all-inclusive.

That's why a lot of the spectators these days seem more like House of Lancaster strippers w/their bouncer BFs (yes, BFs, not GFs...though not that they don't swing both ways, either, at least for professional purposes...)

Ya, speaking of MAC, what happened to it? Molson? Air Canada? Cruiseline? The Bay? All the biggies were not seen this year...

Pride Week is getting to be like taste of the Danforth - mainstream and too crowded. On Sunday afternoon, you couldn't move on Church St. because it was so packed. And I also agree that the parade was a little bit boring this year.

I think that the event is more about creating a positive atmosphere and getting together with friends. Have a couple drinks, stroll around Church St. once it gets dark, and take in all the sights!

I also wouldn't mind adding that Pride Week isn't for men only. Some of my best gay friends are dykes, and I was happy to see so many of them out there this year.

Back