Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

?Got my letter too, and an email, stating the same date. Its actually a 3 month move up from the date I was given. Anyone have updated pictures of phase 1 and/or 2?

Hey guys....

I live in the neighbourhood and have been lurking in here for quite a while so I thought it might be time to contribute.

I went by the site today and the windows/patio doors are in phase 1 all the way up to the 7th floor. I did peer into a few of the east facing main floor units and saw no drywall up or in the units. I did however see bathtubs (not installed) in two of the units.

I cruised around to see the phase 2 progress also and its above ground level in the north area.... but not quite at ground level in the south end.

Im really excited about what this project and fuse will bring to the neighbourhood. It has come a long way in the 5 years I've lived here and this will only improve the area more.

I'll try to snap some shots next time I go by (which is pretty regularly).

Here are a few pics from today....

Attachments

• P1000763.jpg
    P1000763.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 282
  • P1000766.jpg
    P1000766.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 251
  • P1000765.jpg
    P1000765.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 265
  • P1000764.jpg
    P1000764.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 266
  • P1000762.jpg
    P1000762.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 249
  • P1000767.jpg
    P1000767.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 267
Wow. Great shots ashcakes. Especially the one on the west side - don't think I've seen that angle before. Cheers.

Yes thanks for the pics..very cool.
I must say, I like the look of the building and am excited to see the end result.

here's some more pics from earlier this week. moved in to the standard lofts while we wait for phase 2 to be built. nice area, nice people, haven't been bothered by anyone bad yet. only gripe is the railway tracks...gets noisy so leaving your windows open during the day and night isn't always ideal.

DSC_1743.jpg
DSC_1746.jpg
DSC_1742.jpg
DSC_1745.jpg
DSC_1744.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_1743.jpg
    DSC_1743.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 498
  • DSC_1746.jpg
    DSC_1746.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 480
  • DSC_1742.jpg
    DSC_1742.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 436
  • DSC_1745.jpg
    DSC_1745.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 447
  • DSC_1744.jpg
    DSC_1744.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 469
The noise from the railroad was one of my biggest concerns when I purchased. Is it loud enough to hear in your apartment even with the windows closed??? How is Standard Lofts as a building? Is it clean? Free of bedbugs, etc? Seems like most buildings have them.

The noise from the railroad was one of my biggest concerns when I purchased. Is it loud enough to hear in your apartment even with the windows closed??? How is Standard Lofts as a building? Is it clean? Free of bedbugs, etc? Seems like most buildings have them.

My apt is on the 3rd floor with windows on west and south and I can still hear the noise even with windows closed, albeit not as loud. In a month, I think I've been awoken once or twice due to the noise of a loud clunker of a train at around 2-3am, pretty sure windows were closed.

I think the Standard lofts are way underrated. I love my apt, and friends have all liked it. There were some nice 2 level units available, just didn't need the space. Haven't had any huge issues with mgmt and the building is clean, with mainly young or working class neighbours.

Great pics everyone. Thanks for sharing. Also thanks for the heads up about the noise. I'm facing the tracks, I figured I'd hear some noise anyways. Where I currently am, I'm also near tracks, on Dupont and just on the other side of the street and I hear the train from time to time.

Anyways, don't know if anyone is counting, but we have 89 days to go before our move in date. Looking forward to meeting my new neighbours and potentially some new friends.

I was told we are going to get another letter with our last moving date cause not everybody can move on Dec 14, so we will be getting the letter on October. Not excited about moving in during holidays and in winter!!

Any idea when we'll be finding out our actual move in dates? It would be nice to know if I have to hold on to my apartment into January.

Any idea when we'll be finding out our actual move in dates? It would be nice to know if I have to hold on to my apartment into January.

Under the tarion laws, isn't the builder suppose to give us 90 days written notice when a tentative occupancy date cannot be met?? Dec 15 minus 90 days = sept 15 give or take... We shouldve gotten a letter already... I could be wrong, but that was my understanding. Anyone have any more insight on this?

Under the tarion laws, isn't the builder suppose to give us 90 days written notice when a tentative occupancy date cannot be met?? Dec 15 minus 90 days = sept 15 give or take... We shouldve gotten a letter already... I could be wrong, but that was my understanding. Anyone have any more insight on this?

You sir bring up a very interesting point. If that is the case then these guys better haul all kinds of ass and get er' done already

Back