News   Jul 12, 2024
 979     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 852     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 346     0 

Umbra

It's about time that Umbra, a Toronto design firm known around the world, promoted themselves in their home market with something like this. In the '80's this building was a popular restaurant hangout for gaggles of young HK-Chinese gay guys and their boyfriends.

Must say i was disappointed by umbra store and products. Exterior and their Karim Rashid "oh" chairs (in hot pink only) are only nice things there imho. Umbra the brand should be taken in a more innovative direction--too distinctively "conservative toronto" imo. But yeah i'm getting those hot pink "oh's" for my balcony:)

I like Matt Carr's work - especially the Postino mail box - saw one on my street the other day. I'm looking for a reason to hang one inside my place. His wall clocks are very stylish too. And that non-outlandish oak furniture, which was surprisingly labelled as being by Alsop, is by him too.

The Oh wobbles nicely when you move in it ...

Umbra the brand should be taken in a more innovative direction--too distinctively "conservative toronto" imo.

Umbra seems to be quite popular here in unconservative Amsterdam. Most of the hip (middle-end) furniture and accessory stores that I've been into carry it quite extensively.

Back