News   May 21, 2024
 632     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 538     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 426     0 

TTC: Wellesley station second entrance

Maybe a better choice for 501 would be to include provisions for knockout panels to the north and south. The Green P lot directly south of Wellesley station is bound to go highrise sooner or later, and when it does I would expect it to have direct subway access. If 501 had those knockouts it would be able to connect with the future development's access point, and a southern knockout would mean that the Marriott would also have the potential for direct subway access.

Here is what the area looks like for the south entrance as well 501Yonge St, shot May 21. To put the entrance into 501, it means taking the tunnel futher south as well going on an angle to it from the plan location. It would be a good investment.
5745541434_34693d330f_b.jpg

5745540098_6ef9c3ef7a_b.jpg

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 1K4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 223868 BLD 01 BA Accepted Date: May 30, 2014

Project: Transit Station,Subway, Bus Terminal Addition(s)

Description: Revision - Proposal to construct a 1 storey addition (plus underground) to existing Wellesley Subway Station. New addition to be use as second entrance/exit to the station. See also 09 150099 ZPR, 09182649 MV and Final and Binding letter A0719/09TEY.

So, not the busiest UrbanToronto thread ever.

At subway level, the construction, while still hoarded over, looks complete:

IMG_2342.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2341.jpg
    IMG_2341.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_2342.jpg
    IMG_2342.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 1,005
The construction for the project is completed. It will remain boarded up and not accessible until the condo at 17 Dundonald is ready (second exit will connect to their lobby). Last time I heard the new condo that is going up at corner of Dundonald and Yonge Street will connect to this second entrance in the future.

The construction for the project is completed. It will remain boarded up and not accessible until the condo at 17 Dundonald is ready (second exit will connect to their lobby). Last time I heard the new condo that is going up at corner of Dundonald and Yonge Street will connect to this second entrance in the future.

That is correct - it will feature another entrance that will connect to the pathway:

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/thread...architectsalliance.19088/page-23#post-1230111

AoD

wow it's refreshing to see TTC infrastructure in place ready to go waiting to open pending adjacent development completion

As I look at this; I note that virtually all TTC second exists are making use of the B-D line style wall finishes.

By and large these have been mocked as 'bathroom tile'.

I understood the choice when being used in stations on the B-D which continue to have this tile in place and presumed the desire was to 'match'.

This has been done at Castlefrank, and now Woodbine.

But I find it rather odd at Wellesley where it doesn't match the existing green tile ( not really beloved either); nor does it raise the bar aesthetically in the least.

Back