News   May 07, 2024
 344     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 328     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 830     3 

TTC: Pape Station Renovation

I hope this turns out better than the awful Dufferin renovation.

The Dufferin renovation makes the Yonge station renos from the 1980s look good. You'd think the TTC would have learned their lesson and would invest in something more impressive. Otherwise, there's no point to the aesthetic upgrades.

Passed through Pape yesterday and, from the train at least, it looked pretty good. Certainly compared to dufferin it looks nice. They weren't quite finished yet - there was still some open panels and the duct work had some spotty areas. Now if they could fix up the yonge line to look like this I'll be happy - no more poo brown tiles at king and college!

The best Canadian architects, designers and artists of our time should be doing these projects. The TTC should support strong design throughout the system and correct past mistakes, instead of just having a few isolated stations where great architecture was achieved.

The best Canadian architects, designers and artists of our time should be doing these projects. The TTC should support strong design throughout the system and correct past mistakes, instead of just having a few isolated stations where great architecture was achieved.

good luck with Ford reducing the TTC budget every single year.. Also, I don't know where to put this, but have the new TTC uniforms started to be rolled out? I swear I saw a fare collector wearing one at Finch today.

The Dufferin renovation makes the Yonge station renos from the 1980s look good. You'd think the TTC would have learned their lesson and would invest in something more impressive. Otherwise, there's no point to the aesthetic upgrades.

I don't get why these renovations aren't standardized... If Pape uses paneling, why wouldn't Dufferin use the same and vice versa.

Also, Pape should one day be completely demolished and rebuilt to a spectacular design as a Relief Line interchange station.

Agreed. Do a shutdown for a year or two and route all connecting buses to Donlands Station instead. It would be painful, but that interchange station needs to be optimally designed if it's going to be an attractive transfer location compared to Bloor-Yonge.

Agreed. Do a shutdown for a year or two and route all connecting buses to Donlands Station instead. It would be painful, but that interchange station needs to be optimally designed if it's going to be an attractive transfer location compared to Bloor-Yonge.
Who knows if Pape will be the interchange station or not. Remember, it's Donlands station that they deferred the second exit work because it might conflict with the DRL (see http://www.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Projects/Station_Improvements/Donlands_Station/index.jsp)

Nov 28
Lot more up on site
11118545306_676aef31af_b.jpg

11118519535_0ccba5ac50_b.jpg

11118564446_eccd76f09b_b.jpg

11118714243_1f7f4cff33_b.jpg

11118531245_025767a44e_b.jpg

11118723413_bb91729fa0_b.jpg

11118734513_4bac9f7a3b_b.jpg

11118590126_59eace31e0_b.jpg

Back