News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 606     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 896     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I didn't realize Laurence was head of Service Planning now! I don't know how I missed that.

Phew, at least it was only in March...........
Everyone I knew in that department are all gone now. Even a few new ones are gone as well.

We don't close the subway for multiple years though! Also I know it's not the TTC's fault but it sucks queen street is closed before the tracks downtown were built.
This is what you get when one hand doesn't know what the other one is doing. Plan was to have track in place for the closure, but someone miss the waterline work that has delay the trackwork.

Again, who is coordinating all the work in the city as they keep screwing things up nicely and should be shown the door. Then you have infrastructure failures as the work has been push way down the road due to cost that in turn delay plan work.

Time to move to 7/24 construction timeframe for these project regardless it hurts the poor car folks our keep some from sleeping.

TTC wouldn't be the first system to shut part of a line down for a week or 2 working 7/24 to get the work done faster and sooner than taking up to a year of closures.

This is what you get when one hand doesn't know what the other one is doing. Plan was to have track in place for the closure, but someone miss the waterline work that has delay the trackwork.

Again, who is coordinating all the work in the city as they keep screwing things up nicely and should be shown the door. Then you have infrastructure failures as the work has been push way down the road due to cost that in turn delay plan work.

Time to move to 7/24 construction timeframe for these project regardless it hurts the poor car folks our keep some from sleeping.

TTC wouldn't be the first system to shut part of a line down for a week or 2 working 7/24 to get the work done faster and sooner than taking up to a year of closures.
Absolutely right. Metrolinx (and the City) knew Queen would need to be closed for several years and came up with the idea of using Adelaide and Richmond. Of course, they had no sense of urgency to get Adelaide done (watermains followed by streetcar tracks) but even last summer they were 'farting around" and , surprise, surprise, the section from Victoria to York was not done for either. For some reason they had agreed that the City would deal with all of the watermain Bathurst to Victoria and the streetcar tracks from Spadina to York but that ML would deal with York to Victoria tracks, that was bound to slow things down. Did they change this, yes, but only far too late - the Citya te now responsible for both watermain (almost finished) and TTC tracks (no sign of new ones east of York) . Are they now working 24/7 to finish it? Oh no!! Have they shown any signs of adding the required southbound track on York from Queen to Adelaide (ideally to King), oh no!! (ML were originally building this, are they still supposed to? Who knows?)

A further wrinkle is Victoria. It would surely be useful if Victoria from Dundas to Queen was available to streetcars, if not for regular service, at least for the inevitable diversions. Is it open, oh no. There are at least two breaks in the TTC tracks covered by steel plates and no mention of getting the street sorted out in TOInView which supposedly covers planned work to 2024. This was always going to be complicated but .....

In a completely different topic, has anyone else noticed/heard the new subway announcement chorus? It sounds like several people clucking five notes (two short, three long) in falsetto like a group of chickens! I hadn't heard it before my commute home just now. Highly annoying!!

I hope it's temporary

In a completely different topic, has anyone else noticed/heard the new subway announcement chorus? It sounds like several people clucking five notes (two short, three long) in falsetto like a group of chickens! I hadn't heard it before my commute home just now. Highly annoying!!

I hope it's temporary
Apparently its something they're doing for pride month?

Reactions: PL1

I hope it's temporary

Apparently its something they're doing for pride month?
It's this:

I'll be honest, the TTC needs to lower the decible count because the chime can get extremely loud at some subway stations.

It's this:

I'll be honest, the TTC needs to lower the decible count because the chime can get extremely loud at some subway stations.
It seems like there are people at the TTC who get an idea for these things but don't really think about how it will actually go over with the general public. Like for example when they had some comedian from Vancouver record some announcements that were supposed to be humorous but it seemed like no one actually previewed them before they played them and they were just not very good ranging from talking about people eating food that they didn't like to clipping toe nails on the subway.

It seems like there are people at the TTC who get an idea for these things but don't really think about how it will actually go over with the general public. Like for example when they had some comedian from Vancouver record some announcements that were supposed to be humorous but it seemed like no one actually previewed them before they played them and they were just not very good ranging from talking about people eating food that they didn't like to clipping toe nails on the subway.

My favorite was the "you said it" campaign.

Those posts felt so faked it wasn't funny.

Though this is clearly necessary, it will be a mess!

Bview.jpg

See also: https://www.toronto.ca/community-pe...frastructure-projects/broadview-construction/ and https://www.ttc.ca/about-the-ttc/projects-and-plans/Broadview-Station-and-Broadview-Avenue

Reactions: PL1

Back