News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 865     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.3K     3 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

What about the future Broadview streetcar going south into the Port Lands? Could the 505 DUNDAS streetcars be routed to the Gerrard Station on the Ontario Line?
Running 505 to Gerrard Station has been part of the Ontario Line discussion. Earlier on by extending the tracks on Dundas East, but more recently by jogging it up Broadview. I don't know how they'd loop it ... though the unnamed parkette at Boston Avenue and Gerrard Street East might be the answer.

Though for the next few months 505 is replacing 503 to Bingham loop.

BTW, here's the 506/Coxwell changes (due to construction on Coxwell) that will also take effect with the 501/504/505 changes for the Ontario Line and Broadview projects.

The mid-June to July plan to run the 506 shuttle on Danforth between Coxwell and Greenwood stations is interesting.

1681498075707.png

1681498127807.png
1681498157047.png

Reactions: PL1
I just saw something interesting on line 2 at Victoria park station. A train came through out of service but in the first car they had a table with a computer set up on it with a few other people on board. Anyone know what it could be for?

I just saw something interesting on line 2 at Victoria park station. A train came through out of service but in the first car they had a table with a computer set up on it with a few other people on board. Anyone know what it could be for?

I would assume they were running a diagnostic.

My brain went to - Rogers testing cellular signal strength, but I’m just spitballing.

Baseline data collection eg re RF background levels? perhaps for ATC?

- Paul

That's what my thoughts were that it's probably track mapping for ATC because it didn't look like anything was plugged into the train itself.
The TTC doesnt even have full funding for ATC on the Bloor-Danforth line, so i'm very sure they arent wasting their time for something they dont have money towards fully implementing.

The TTC doesnt even have full funding for ATC on the Bloor-Danforth line, so i'm very sure they arent wasting their time for something they dont have money towards fully implementing.
Which doesn't really make any sense because the Scarborough extension is being built with it so they have to have it at least at Kennedy or maybe for part of the line. It's also possible that Metrolinx is funding it because it's necessary for the extension they are building.

It could be something as a first step towards it.

Line 2 ATC is mostly funded: (75%)

20232037_cip_line2detail.jpg

Some form of ATC investment (could include both Line 1 residual works, as well as Line 4 are funded in every year's budget for the next decade.

1681771195734.png

Line 2 ATC is mostly funded: (75%)

20232037_cip_line2detail.jpg

Some form of ATC investment (could include both Line 1 residual works, as well as Line 4 are funded in every year's budget for the next decade.

View attachment 470108

WiFi is with a third party, so is not included. Except if it is part of "communications" in "subway infrastructure" above?

Back