News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Agenda for the next TTC meeting is up:

Pretty light.

Inside the ACAT minutes, we find:

Davisville Station Platforms which are too narrow to meet code are to be widened as part of the redevelopment program.

Members of the Ctte are likely to push the TTC on PEDs for Bloor-Yonge and to make sure Mx is future proofing for them on the various extensions.

In the major projects update:

We have this, which someone will have to explain to me:

1680791990511.png

And this:

1680792020522.png

Plus an update on Bloor-Yonge

1680792088943.png

1680792116748.png

The latest on ATC on Line 1:

1680792168724.png

On Second Exits:

1680792240555.png

New Streetcars:

First one to be available for service Q3 this year. (assembly underway)

On Presto:

1680792480902.png

From the CEO's Report:

1680792683232.png

1680792713751.png

Is it just me has anyone else noticed a return of the covid barriers on the subway?

For the past few days, the guard car in every train I have been on has yellow Covid-19 barriers up.
They're to keep people out of the operating area. Some people make a mess of the area and others refuse to move.

When did TTC change their policy of having 2 elevators in place of the one they being installing for decades?? I must have miss the memo for it. Long over due have 2 elevators in place of one as it give trhe one that need them a fight chance to get on/off at their station and not have to go out of their way to get to their station in the first place??

Not a fan of the reinstated barriers on the subway. They look astonishingly unprofessional and makeshift. But then, that matches the description of the TTC to a tee.

The TTC death spiral continues:

At this point it is hard not to see this immense level of neglect towards the TTC as an active, conscious, malicious choice. I do not believe there is a single person in any position of power in this accursed city that gives a toss about this institution.

When did TTC change their policy of having 2 elevators in place of the one they being installing for decades?? I must have miss the memo for it. Long over due have 2 elevators in place of one as it give trhe one that need them a fight chance to get on/off at their station and not have to go out of their way to get to their station in the first place??

To what are you reacting?

TTC Will be installing 2 elevators now compare to the one they have been installing for decades. Having 2 is a win win for users as it allow to have one breakdown or taken out for maintains with users using the other one.

No idea when TTC made this change,

@Steve Munro is out with the Draft service changes (mostly cuts) for May.

I'm not going to attempt to weed through all the streetcar and bus shifts.

The big headline item is the proposal for substantially reduced service on Line 1.

Steve notes, this is/was a Draft from January so it may have changed; he decided to release it because there is no item for the new schedule on next week's Commission meeting agenda, and he felt it should be discussed:

I think the below is mostly self-explanation but those not familiar with the below, R.T.T. is return trip time or the time it takes a vehicle to do one full loop of a route.

Headway is expressed as Minutes ' Seconds" R.T.T. is in minutes

1680887158998.png

@Steve Munro is out with the Draft service changes (mostly cuts) for May.

I'm not going to attempt to weed through all the streetcar and bus shifts.

The big headline item is the proposal for substantially reduced service on Line 1.

Steve notes, this is/was a Draft from January so it may have changed; he decided to release it because there is no item for the new schedule on next week's Commission meeting agenda, and he felt it should be discussed:

I think the below is mostly self-explanation but those not familiar with the below, R.T.T. is return trip time or the time it takes a vehicle to do one full loop of a route.

Headway is expressed as Minutes ' Seconds" R.T.T. is in minutes

View attachment 467124

Someone reliable in the comments of that post indicated signup is taking place now for Line 1.

Apparently service cuts are happening.

I’m not trying to derail this discussion, but I can’t think of anywhere more appropriate to post this.

I’m seriously wondering what the TTC intends to do with the ”Lite-Brite” maps on the TRs in the long-term. They can get away with it for now with Lines 5/6 (maybe even program the Eglinton/Cedarvale/Kennedy and Finch West station lights to flash). But for the Scarborough/Yonge North extensions, they don’t have the lights. I really wish they’d just replace them with R211/Mark V-style LCD-displays.

I really hope the TTC doesn’t just cheap out, and turn them off altogether.

TTC Will be installing 2 elevators now compare to the one they have been installing for decades. Having 2 is a win win for users as it allow to have one breakdown or taken out for maintains with users using the other one.

No idea when TTC made this change,

Where are you seeing that?

I thought this was the basis of Easier Access Phase 4 - but I haven't seen any discussion of it in some time.

Where are you seeing that?

I thought this was the basis of Easier Access Phase 4 - but I haven't seen any discussion of it in some time.
It was raised at last week meeting as well stated at the April 5 meeting. You will hear that comment in the video.

Someone reliable in the comments of that post indicated signup is taking place now for Line 1.

Apparently service cuts are happening.
This will trigger people, but people aren’t coming back downtown in the droves the city needs to keep things going.

Even Dave McKays mandates aren’t enforceable as this would deplete their workforce. There is no behavioural incentive to get people back on transit to come downtown. Everyone’s hopes are reliant on punitive measures.

People want to stay at home. Thats it.

Change is never easy.

Back