News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.6K     10 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Does anyone know why this weekend's schedule closure on the Yonge line was cancelled?
It may have been related to ATC work. I believe they have now put it into service with trains now using it running from St. Clair west to Sheppard West as well as the ghost trains that depart from Shepherd West and head to Vaughn after dumping their loads of passengers at Sheppard West station

It may have been related to ATC work. I believe they have now put it into service with trains now using it running from St. Clair west to Sheppard West as well as the ghost trains that depart from Shepherd West and head to Vaughn after dumping their loads of passengers at Sheppard West station

What makes you believe ATC is in use? I’d think the TTC would’ve announced the ATC launch publicly.

What makes you believe ATC is in use? I’d think the TTC would’ve announced the ATC launch publicly.

To be fair, ATC was supposed to be in service already - they had originally intended to have it operating the last weekend of September (and did run trains over the first section in automated mode during the closure that weekend). However someone got cold feet, and they've put it off to do more testing.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

On Wednesday, October 25th from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., the TTC will be conducting an emergency simulation in the tunnel south of the York University Station. Key elements in the exercise include: observing/evaluating protocols and procedures, and examining opportunities for improvements.

The general scenario involves an emergency response to evacuate a subway train in the tunnel leaving York University Station while maintaining operations elsewhere in the transit System. The exercise will involve approximately 600 participants in passenger roles.

Date: Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Time: 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Transit Detour: The York University bus service will operate on ‘special event mode’ from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, October 25th, 2017.

All TTC and GO bus routes that enter the Harry W. Arthurs Common will detour and pick-up and drop-off customers on York Boulevard between Keele Street and Ian Macdonald Boulevard and will not be entering the Harry W. Arthurs Common for this exercise.

Why would they have to lunch it publicly, they announced to the media that they would be running gosh trains to Vaughn recently. Ther is no conventual signals beyond Sheppard West station. Plus I have seen a few trains were a supervisor in a construction vest at the controls of the train rather than the driver., from St. Clair West station.

Is the wayside signalling on TYSSE extensive enough for revenue service without ATO?

That's a good question. It will allow for some limited movements, but from what I've seen it wouldn't allow for much of a headway between trains.

A friend of mine went through the training on the extension yesterday, and knowing him he would have asked just such a question. I'll see if I can get an answer from him.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Back