News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 404     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

So when it was all said and done......they don't know what was causing the damage. It may not even have had anything to do with deferred maintenance.

They sent a couple of cars back and forth on Queen last night, including a Flexity with cameras pointed at all of the trucks, and couldn't find the culprit. Perhaps whatever it was managed to sort itself out.

The last that I heard, they will be returning streetcar to Queen after the morning rush.

Dan
Well apparently now they wont be back until Monday at the earliest (of course depending on when the find the issue, and how long it takes them to fix it).

And as per usual, line management is non-existent with the replacement buses. Expect to see buses running in packs for the foreseeable future.

Well apparently now they wont be back until Monday at the earliest (of course depending on when the find the issue, and how long it takes them to fix it).

And as per usual, line management is non-existent with the replacement buses. Expect to see buses running in packs for the foreseeable future.
I saw a clip on tonight’s news. They said they are pulling buses off numerous other routes, which of course leaves those routes stretched thin.

I saw a clip on tonight’s news. They said they are pulling buses off numerous other routes, which of course leaves those routes stretched thin.

Be thankful they did not pull the entire fleet as a precaution. All 3 streetcar yards are accessed via Queen St and they could have just as easily said we wont risk further damage by sending out streetcars.

Things only get worse before they get back to "normal", that should be the TTC motto ;)

I'm curious to find out which routes are being adversely impacted by this.

Be thankful they did not pull the entire fleet as a precaution. All 3 streetcar yards are accessed via Queen St and they could have just as easily said we wont risk further damage by sending out streetcars.
They dont have enough resources to replace streetcars with buses on all routes. It would be both an operational and PR disaster.

could corrosion from road salt be any sort of cause of this? It also seems odd that apparently it was only on the left side of the vehicles.

If it was corrosion, than they would have found this damage on all of the cars, on all of the track brakes and not just the left-side ones, and with the oldest ones being the most extreme. This is simply not the case.

Even that they are waffling about. They are talking about putting some of the cars back out today or tomorrow.

Dan

My condolences to anyone that has to rely on the streetcars today (or any day).

DDB80D35-1821-4792-A110-185B3E7F1384.jpeg

3C3C68FF-929B-4FF8-B842-DCF9E2A5A64B.jpeg

D3235F39-801F-4E5A-8896-21D49C36DFE8.jpeg

D5CBDFB6-B008-46B9-9AEF-AC71AA5EC225.png

Double thread posting

Due to the on going problem on Queen st., the CLRVs that were scheduled to run on Saturday have been canceled. Unknown at this time for Sunday. They will still run on Bathurst.

The problem has been found. Bad joint. Empty car fine. Fully loaded car not so much.

Reactions: max
The problem has been found. Bad joint. Empty car fine. Fully loaded car not so much.

This might get the TTC to take the maintenance of the streetcar tracks a bit more seriously! There are many areas where the concrete around the track has buckled and/or broken up and they seem to have no ongoing program to fix it. It has taken then over 2 years to repair the VERY deteriorated concrete strips beside the outer rails on Leslie Street - these were clearly defective but I bet they missed getting repairs done by the contractor. TTC staff were working on them last week.

From BlogTO (my bad, I know):

AoD
It’s evidently a common trend for young people to fare evade these days. The whole free transit movements in the NE US are largely run by younger individuals. Nothing special is happening here, just some pricks who think they are better than everyone else and fall into the same category of low-income people who actually have a fair justification for fare evading.

Back