News   Jul 12, 2024
 958     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 835     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 340     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Interesting. That table on page 56 of the report, does indeed say that 7 ALRVs will be decommissioned in 2020.

A month earlier, the October 2018 report explicitly said that "All ALRV vehicles will be decommissioned by December 2019" on page 55.

I'm surprised that they'd have revisited this and decided not to have them all retired during 2019.

I'd have also assumed that having all the CLRVs retired in 2021 would be conditional on TTC awarding Bombardier the add-on order for 60 or so extra cars.
I expect TTC is not expecting all 204 cars will be here in 2019 as promises and protecting their rear for retiring cars later than plan. Then there the issues how to deal with more riders that can't be handle by the 204 cars which was known back in 2005 that was going to happen not doing a 1:1 replacement.

Then there is a case as to when TTC will see new cars in place of cash payment for damages, as well how many. We may know this next week or early 2019 along about ordering more cars.

If TTC wants to go another route for more cars, I sure BBD will call Ford about the lost jobs and get him to tell TTC it either from TB on Ontario Dime, or no money to cover the cost of these extra cars going elsewhere.

I expect TTC is not expecting all 204 cars will be here in 2019 as promises and protecting their rear for retiring cars later than plan. Then there the issues how to deal with more riders that can't be handle by the 204 cars which was known back in 2005 that was going to happen not doing a 1:1 replacement.

Then there is a case as to when TTC will see new cars in place of cash payment for damages, as well how many. We may know this next week or early 2019 along about ordering more cars.

If TTC wants to go another route for more cars, I sure BBD will call Ford about the lost jobs and get him to tell TTC it either from TB on Ontario Dime, or no money to cover the cost of these extra cars going elsewhere.

Expect for CLRVs to last to 2021.

Expect for CLRVs to last to 2021.
I dont expect the CLRVs to hold up until 2021, nor the ALRVs until 2020. They are being really optimistic with their timeframes.

I give the ALRVs which are literally dropping like flies, until mid-late 2019 at the latest, while the CLRVs until early-mid 2020.

Interesting. That table on page 56 of the report, does indeed say that 7 ALRVs will be decommissioned in 2020.

A month earlier, the October 2018 report explicitly said that "All ALRV vehicles will be decommissioned by December 2019" on page 55.

I'm surprised that they'd have revisited this and decided not to have them all retired during 2019.

I'd have also assumed that having all the CLRVs retired in 2021 would be conditional on TTC awarding Bombardier the add-on order for 60 or so extra cars.

https://stevemunro.ca/2018/12/10/tt...ctive-january-6-2019/comment-page-1/#comments

Only ALRVs scheduled for January Board are 5 501 peak-period trippers. ALRVs on weekday midday and weekends will be a thing of the past after the first week of January.

That is what the Guardian article says.

It is weird when you are there. About 5 years ago you could see the smog and the scooters and buses were drowning out all the noise. Now it's creepy-ish quiet for a city of 20 million.

Collector booths are closing at Lawrence West and Yorkdale as part of the continued phase-out of those and the shift to roving customer service agents.

The change is effective January 6, 2019

http://www.ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/PRESTO/New_Customer_Service_Agents_at_TTC_stations.jsp
It's interesting that they are switching over yorkdale station well it's under construction and does't even have the new fare gates at the main entrance yet or any sign of them being put in.

Collector booths are closing at Lawrence West and Yorkdale as part of the continued phase-out of those and the shift to roving customer service agents.

The change is effective January 6, 2019

http://www.ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/PRESTO/New_Customer_Service_Agents_at_TTC_stations.jsp
It's interesting that they are switching over yorkdale station well it's under construction and does't even have the new fare gates at the main entrance yet or any sign of them being put in.

If Yorkdale and Lawrence West are going to get their collector booths closed, then Glenclairn and Eglinton West would be next after them.

Yorkdale is the only station left, as far as I know, with the old turnstyles, so they are going to have put the Presto gates up soon, I guess.

If Yorkdale and Lawrence West are going to get their collector booths closed, then Glenclairn and Eglinton West would be next after them.

I am honestly surprised the Sheppard Line has not had their collector booths eliminated. They are lightly used stations as it is and it would make sense to eliminate them first, I would then eliminate the SRT collectors afterwards (with the exception of Scarborough Centre for the time being).

I get that they want to move south down the line in terms of removing the collectors but it makes more sense to eliminate them as I stated above.

Yorkdale is the only station left, as far as I know, with the old turnstyles, so they are going to have put the Presto gates up soon, I guess.
Yes they are doing it in conjunction with the new ramp at the front of the station and the elevator although I haven't seen any sign of where that is going to go yet unless they are digging under the southbound track from where the old gateway newsstand was and then putting in the elevator somewhere in the middle of the platform.

I am honestly surprised the Sheppard Line has not had their collector booths eliminated. They are lightly used stations as it is and it would make sense to eliminate them first, I would then eliminate the SRT collectors afterwards (with the exception of Scarborough Centre for the time being).

I get that they want to move south down the line in terms of removing the collectors but it makes more sense to eliminate them as I stated above.

Agree. Bessarion station, and Leslie station can have them removed, while Sheppard Yonge, Bayview and Don Mills stations can keep theirs

Back