News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 414     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

I think east to Vic Park should certainly be looked at, and in conjunction with RL. Consumers Rd area gets overlooked and it's massive. People lose their shit about why some empty area in Vaughan needs a subway, meanwhile we have an area that exists - one promised a subway +30yrs ago - and nothing. Sheppard West I'm not sold on at all. Obviously a subway is better than no subway. Obviously. Something v nothing...hm, something is better. And yes Wilson access from an operations pov. But it's a lot of money, in an area that's actually covered well by subways relative to elsewhere. But compared to a tiny ext east to Vic Pk, east should win.

What I don't like is that Metrolinx has gone rogue and taken it upon themselves to put a Sheppard W ext in their fantasy plan, even though it's not in Toronto's plan. And it's a bigger priority for them than things that are in TO's official plan and that we do consider a priority. It's like with York Region planning extensions of Toronto's subway system up to god knows where. It's not theirs, nor Metrolinx's. I think even Pickering is now on the subway vision train.

This is all well beyond Relief line full, At best, a sheppard west subway would be built in conjunction with either relief line north or more likely relief line west.

Does anyone have an update on the status of the third storage track at Kipling? I have not been out there in a while.
Had a look today and grading done for ties to be place only for 3/4 of the current length.

May 14
If the new trail track is to go to the end of the existing ones, the retaining wall will have to be shift north a short distance to get the clearance to continue west from this point.
27258497817_be6b120db3_h.jpg

42082725452_60b26c4349_b.jpg

42082716222_3d5a3a2d2c_b.jpg

42082715002_d6a74cdaa4_b.jpg

May 14
New Hillcrest building to built full intersection track work and panel under construction. TTC will not have to worry about the weather to built the panels as well bring in mobile crane. It has an overhead crane to move things around.
28265266778_2e53e3e3e6_b.jpg

41417628704_72cc5fc22c_b.jpg

41236712615_03b94539bd_b.jpg

The TTC is planning some bus route changes in the Junction/Stockyards area. Routes 30, 40, 71, 79, and 127 would be affected, and Route 80 Queensway would run at all hours to Keele Station, rather than terminate at Humber Loop after 10PM and all day Sunday.

Route 40 Junction would be extended with a 40A continuing west on Dundas Street to Kipling Station, and a 40B looping via Dundas, Jane, St. Clair and Runnymede. Route 30 Lambton would be shortened and renamed 30 High Park, and operate to Runnymede Loop from High Park Station, with summer service into High Park.

Route 127 Davenport would continue west on St. Clair from Old Weston Road to Scarlett Road/Jane, while Route 71 Runnymede and 79 Scarlett Road would be simplified.

The benefits include consistent bus service on St. Clair west of Keele Street, and a through service on Dundas Street West.

The TTC is planning some bus route changes in the Junction/Stockyards area. Routes 30, 40, 71, 79, and 127 would be affected, and Route 80 Queensway would run at all hours to Keele Station, rather than terminate at Humber Loop after 10PM and all day Sunday.

Route 40 Junction would be extended with a 40A continuing west on Dundas Street to Kipling Station, and a 40B looping via Dundas, Jane, St. Clair and Runnymede. Route 30 Lambton would be shortened and renamed 30 High Park, and operate to Runnymede Loop from High Park Station, with summer service into High Park.

Route 127 Davenport would continue west on St. Clair from Old Weston Road to Scarlett Road/Jane, while Route 71 Runnymede and 79 Scarlett Road would be simplified.

The benefits include consistent bus service on St. Clair west of Keele Street, and a through service on Dundas Street West.
Existing:
Junction_1.jpg

Proposed:
Junction_2.jpg

I suppose extending the 512 St Clair ROW definitely won't happen as this is just a bus route change.

Are all of the TTC's office staff based out of the Davisville building or are certain departments elsewhere in the city?

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-16_15-16-45.png
    upload_2018-5-16_15-16-45.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 442

Made my e-mail request, at http://www.ttc.ca/TTC_Surveys/Junction_Area_Survey.jsp, that I would like to see that the 512 ST. CLAIR be extended to Scarlett Road.

Back