News   Jul 18, 2024
 864     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 774     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 577     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

"#TTC is testing debit/credit purchase of passes, tickets and tokens at Bathurst, Coxwell and Davisville Stns. Full roll-out by December."

— @bradTTC

“I don’t buy this two hours stuff,” Ford said of the time-based transfer, which would allow riders to hop on and off any TTC vehicle. “For $3 you can go from Kipling out to Scarborough. You will not find a cheaper way of getting around the city.”

What an idiotic remark.
For $3 one can go from Kipling to Scarborough, but one needs to pay $6 to travel from Yonge to Spadina on the streetcar to quickly pick up something and return?
The 2 hour window proposal is the best and sensible proposal I have heard for years.

On the other hand, if Ford is a true conservative, he should know that one probably should pay more than $3 to travel from Scarborough to Kipling. I thought the conservatives care about cost and value of service. If revenue is a concern, I don't mind increasing the cost to get to the airport $5, $6 are all fine - most cities charge a higher price than regular fare. YYZ terminals are not even in the city of Toronto.

Last edited:
What an idiotic remark.
For $3 one can go from Kipling to Scarborough, but one needs to pay $6 to travel from Yonge to Spadina on the streetcar to quickly pick up something and return?
The 2 hour window proposal is the best and sensible proposal I have heard for years.

On the other hand, if Ford is a true conservative, he should know that one probably should pay more than $3 to travel from Scarborough to Kipling. I thought the conservatives care about cost and value of service. If revenue is a concern, I don't mind increasing the cost to get to the airport $5, $6 are all fine - most cities charge a higher price than regular fare. YYZ terminals are not even in the city of Toronto.

Agreed. It's complete nonsense that I have to pay 2 $3 fares to travel 5 blocks, pick up some milk and come right back.

What an idiotic remark.

Rob Ford isn't a conservative. He's a populist idiot.

I think you've just insulted populist idiots everywhere.

FYI ticket and token purchases by debit/credit are for quantities of 10 or more. Makes sense to me.

Regarding transfers, it is good that the mayor is only one vote. With all three major candidates against them at the moment, they will need support from council to get through.

On that note, I wonder if the TTC union can help get these through? The stress and confrontations which arise from the current transfer rules creates an unsafe operating environment. Kinnear could earn a lot of public support if he instructed his operators to accept all transfers issued within the last two hours.

Regarding transfers, it is good that the mayor is only one vote. With all three major candidates against them at the moment, they will need support from council to get through.

On that note, I wonder if the TTC union can help get these through? The stress and confrontations which arise from the current transfer rules creates an unsafe operating environment. Kinnear could earn a lot of public support if he instructed his operators to accept all transfers issued within the last two hours.

The public and councillors (current and future) have learned that we do not have to follow the new mayor's dictates. The new mayor has to "play well with others" to get her or his "wants".

I find the wifi service to be somewhat irritating to access. Maybe it's a function of how many devices pass through but several times I've had to accept the Ts and Cs more than once before I got connectivity, by which time I'm stepping onto my connecting train, plus I'll have to do the same on the return. I do try to remember to click through on the ads rather than freeload. Having a realistic plan for HSPA repeaters on TTC should be something John Tory should be able to bring some personal knowledge to at least, unless it was deemed a conflict if he doesn't step down from Rogers Control Trust.

I find the wifi service to be somewhat irritating to access. Maybe it's a function of how many devices pass through but several times I've had to accept the Ts and Cs more than once before I got connectivity, by which time I'm stepping onto my connecting train, plus I'll have to do the same on the return. I do try to remember to click through on the ads rather than freeload.

I haven't had the same issue. Once I accept the term, it seems to be "good" for the next hour or so. And accepting the T&C and watching the advertisements doesn't take me that long either.

I'm glad that they got rid of those video ads. When the next train is less than two minutes away, customers really don't have time to watch a minute long ad.

Having a realistic plan for HSPA repeaters on TTC should be something John Tory should be able to bring some personal knowledge to at least, unless it was deemed a conflict if he doesn't step down from Rogers Control Trust.

As far as I know the only carrier that has shown any interest in underground service is WIND Mobile.

Q2RzZM1.jpg

Not the best photo, but happened to see track work being done near Rosedale during the closure this weekend.

Back