News   Jul 15, 2024
 447     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 560     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2K     1 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

Comes down to budget cuts. Delay, delay, delay in maintenance is the only way to meet the budget cuts wanted by Tory.

And people have been haranguing the TTC on this online, I believe Steve Munro for one has brought it up to Brad Ross repeatedly, and Brad always denies maintenance has anything to do with it...what on Earth has to do with it, then? Voodoo?

And people have been haranguing the TTC on this online, I believe Steve Munro for one has brought it up to Brad Ross repeatedly, and Brad always denies maintenance has anything to do with it...what on Earth has to do with it, then? Voodoo?

I felt sorry for Brad, but pushing end of September - just in time for fall - as the end date for repairs just add to the farce.

AoD

My friend saw some TRs running on Line 2 today. Was this to combat the heat from the lack of available T1s with AC?

Interesting how no one is talking about the gong show that is the AC situation on Line 2.

AoD
Broken record here I know, but as I've said before, the TTC is designed to serve those customers with the highest switching costs and lack of options.

There's no incentive in this model to provide "extra" services like A/C or even timeliness. If they did provide better service and then attract discretionary riders (those with options) the system would be overwhelmed by even a modest increase in ridership.

A couple of things I've noticed lately on the TTC one the internet log on page seems to have anew login that is going out to poel sporadically. You now have an option to login in with twitter for 30 days or I think just use it for the hour like it was after they dropped twitter. I signed in with my Twitter account as I have never had a problem doing so and I really like i keeping me logged in as soon as I get a Wifi signal. Alos wifi related Glencairn station now has Wifi which makes it the first outdoor sation to have it, I Thought they weren't going to do them originally but maybe with Metrolink planing to have all stops and stations on the Eglinton line have it they decided what the heck.

And now some thoughts on the AC issues with the T1's could it possibly be that there are too many right now for Greenwood to deal with as now aside from a couple of sets thath are on the sheppard line and kept at Davisville when not in service. most of the fellt of T!'s is now on line 2. Which is probably why they are rebuilding vincent yard by Dundas west station so they have extra storage for them.

Back