News   Sep 13, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 585     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

You can think what you want. But I think the board should be asking staff tough questions about how they weren't consulted by ending wifi.
I am certainly not asking permission to think what I want.
Wi-Fi in the stations is at it's EOL, and continuing to support it is not worthwhile. The TTC agree, Rogers agrees, the majority of TTC customers agree.

I am certainly not asking permission to think what I want.
I'd be worried if you were!

Wi-Fi in the stations is at it's EOL, and continuing to support it is not worthwhile. The TTC agree, Rogers agrees, the majority of TTC customers agree.
The Commissioners probably didn't even here about it until today. TTC staff might agree, but I fear they've down an end run past the Commission.

I'm not sure in what world 35% still using is insufficient. That's a LOT more than the percentage of people who use TTC washrooms. Perhaps we should eliminate those too. And no where near 35% use night buses after 3 AM, or before 5 AM. So a 22-hour service!

I recall way back when I moved to Toronto in 2005 there were histrionics over the TTC removing the analog clocks from the subway stations, and instead only had the time on the newly installed video screens. "HOW WILL PEOPLE KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?!?", said the Spacing Magazine crew, and if you want to talk about White Privilege look no further than there. "What about people who can't afford a watch?!?," they whined. It's so quaint how when you look at the absolute horrible state the system was in at that time and compare to now it's like we're in paradise and their number one concern about the TTC was analog clocks.

Last edited:

Back