News   Jul 19, 2024
 277     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.4K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 564     1 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

As of Sunday, March 22nd at 9:04 am, train service suspended on Line 2, Woodbine to Keele, due to work zone issues at Broadview station. Replacement buses operating. See link.

From The Star, at this link:

Most of the Bloor-Danforth subway line is not operating Sunday morning after train service was suspended between Woodbine to Keele stations, according to TTC.

The transit commission said the suspension on Line 2 is due to “work zone issues” at Broadview station. The TTC added that replacement buses are operating.

Spokeswoman Milly Bernal said the suspension was due to tracks having no power after regular overnight maintenance Saturday night.

She said power is switched off during maintenance as there are “crews on scene at track level,” though power could not be switched back on Sunday morning.

Bernal said crews are on scene investigating the incident and there are about 30 buses ferrying people between Woodbine and Keele.

Train service is still operating between Kipling and Keele stations and Woodbine and Kennedy stations on the affected line.

There is no immediate word on when service is expected to resume, though Bernal said TTC hopes to get trains back running by the end of the morning.

TTC Tweet says it should clear by 11:15 AM.

Last edited:
So how about that closure from Union to Bloor eh? Holy smokes. Bloor-Yonge was insane, I thought I would be okay since I was tranferring to go northbound, but I didn't think it through. It took me 10 minutes to get through there onto the street. I didn't even bother trying to catch a train, I just walked.

A mysterious gas or diesel leak, any guesses?

Okay then.

The large underground Maple Syrup storage tank at Fran's must have burst, after taking in another shipment of illicit product from Michigan.

Have you not seen the pictures? It's a thick, vaguely yellow, viscous liquid, with a clearer thing on top.

It's gravy (poorly made gravy, with a broken emulsification, but, clearly, gravy).

Maybe looking at historic photos for clues will help?

20121024-yonge-college-aerial-1930-f1244_it10054.jpg

Aerial view of College and Yonge (Eaton's store), 1930. From BlogTO.

Attachments

• 20121024-yonge-college-aerial-1930-f1244_it10054.jpg
    20121024-yonge-college-aerial-1930-f1244_it10054.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 448
So how about that closure from Union to Bloor eh? Holy smokes. Bloor-Yonge was insane, I thought I would be okay since I was tranferring to go northbound, but I didn't think it through. It took me 10 minutes to get through there onto the street. I didn't even bother trying to catch a train, I just walked.

A mysterious gas or diesel leak, any guesses?

Old gas station or car dealership tank?

Back