News   Oct 11, 2024
 966     0 
News   Oct 11, 2024
 2.7K     2 
News   Oct 11, 2024
 635     0 

TTC: Other Items (catch all)

If you are going to have a "low income" fare, I don't really see the point of having separate student and senior categories. If students and seniors aren't low income, why shouldn't they pay the regular fare? Most students are low income, but as pointed out, many seniors are very high income.
True, but those very high income seniors probably aren't riding the TTC at all.

Paperwork.

It's true, but once you've set up the means testing system for the whole mass of people between 18 and 65 who aren't students, it's probably not that expensive to do it for seniors and students too. It would be good if they didn't have a means testing system at all and just had more affordable transit for everybody.

It's true, but once you've set up the means testing system for the whole mass of people between 18 and 65 who aren't students, it's probably not that expensive to do it for seniors and students too. It would be good if they didn't have a means testing system at all and just had more affordable transit for everybody.
Why would the commissioner and councillors support something that will be onerous, deeply unpopular, and largely trivial?

🤣 Laughs in millennial

Evidently pension wasn't a thing (to say nothing of seniors discount or OAS). And if one want to go about it this way - how much should the system charge seniors for their healthcare (because they certainly didn't pay for it in any capitated-insurance).

AoD

Ugh, only a block away from my work - thankfully, I rarely take transit these days.
Plus I'm somewhat likely to get into an altercation with one of these creeps since my tolerance for BS is at an all time low at my age. It happened a few months back at Mofer Coffee on Queen near Ossington when some nutcase started going off on me for taking "his" table - it turned into a 10 minute shouting match including threats of violence before I clued in that he was likely one of the local nutcases directly from upstairs (CAMH) before I slowly dialed back the rage. Not worth it.

Toronto Star reports...

Rogers, TTC to pull the plug on free Wi-Fi in subway stations​

TConnect is exhibiting poor performance, is vulnerable to cyber attacks, and its usage has declined by 65 per cent in 12 months.

(BTW. Former Toronto Mayor John H. Tory is a director on the board of Rogers. Hmmm.)

Toronto Star reports...

Rogers, TTC to pull the plug on free Wi-Fi in subway stations​

TConnect is exhibiting poor performance, is vulnerable to cyber attacks, and its usage has declined by 65 per cent in 12 months.
This makes sense I guess. I haven’t used the wifi since they introduced mobile service on the subway. I wonder if that’s the end of wifi on select buses as well.

Back